Sunday, December 10, 2023

Sunday, 12/10/23, Kenzies water broke, she went to hospital to have the baby, our CMA Christmas party, went to Culver’s

Elders praying over Pastor Dan and his family

Those of us in the congregation praying for them too

Our CMA Leadership Christmas party was lots of fun, good fellowship and good food.  Such great people to be serving the Lord with!

 
 
Sweet little Lydia...we love her!
Our table....Bev, me, Bill, Tiny, Debbie, Paul and Ron
 
 



We put our gift for the giving tree under the tree, then went to prayer.   church afterward.  Both were awesome!  Pastor Dan and his family went up and he was prayed over as he will be the Executive Pastor of our church now.  He will be a blessing to the Lord and to all of us at New Life.  I took some Christmas DVD’s we have that our three of my favorite Christmas movies and gave them to Pastor Dan and Amber to watch.  We had sat with them at our church Christmas party and talked about good movies and I told her I would lend them to them.  

We talked to lots of friends after church, then left to go home and pick up our dishes to pass (I made goulash and banana cream pudding dessert).  We packed up our gifts we were taking also and the games we were going to play, and headed to Owosso.  I called Kenzie because we were going to drop off the gift bag of beautiful baby things Lela made for her and the new toilet for them to put upstairs.  We had planned on dropping it off first, but had to change it because we stopped to get some gift cards for gifts for people to win when playing the games and it took longer than we planned.  We let Kenzie know we would drop it off later.  She told me her water had broke and she was getting ready to go to the hospital.  She told me the doctor told her there was no need to hurry as she had lots of time.  
I’m thinking, I would hurry to get to the hospital since it is a long trip there.  I sure have been doing a lot of praying for Kenzie and baby for a safe, healthy delivery with no complications.  They are being really careful at the hospital right now because lots of sickness is going around again.  Only Kenzie and Travis are going to be in when she has the baby.  Vikki was going to and so was Kimmy, but Vikki, Kenzie and Travis got sick and are still getting over it.  We love that Kenzie is keeping us posted.  We know when we don’t hear, it will be because her contractions are getting worse.  

Our Christmas party was so much fun.  Such a fun group of friends.  We ate, than Bill had a short meeting.  After that we played two games.  Then it was time to do the Chinese Christmas gift exchange.  You could steal a gift from someone 3 times, then it couldn’t be taken again.  I gave Lydia the present we had got her.  She was so happy.  Her dad played with it lots and so did she.  Julie was the first girl to go up.  She picked my gift and as she was walking she said she loves baskets.  I put it in a bag, but when she felt it she knew what it was.  She loved the stuff in it too.  The rest of us took turns as our number came up.  I was number 7 and Bill was number 10.  The guys kept going after the knives and the ladies all wanted a gift on the table to see what they were before we went backwards and started stealing gifts.  I liked what was in the gift I picked, but I really don’t have a lot of room for stuff on the wall.  There was a picture saying about Faith, a plaque with the Love Chapter and a beautiful Nativity in glass that lit up.  On my next turn, I traded it for a cute basket and a beautiful off white blanket.  It goes nice with my grey chairs in the family room.  I’m going to try to get another one like it. Bill picked his own gift and just kept it through the whole game.  Someone tried to steal the gift Julie had, but she had such a low number she told her she would get it back, so then Sue didn’t take it.  

We stopped at Culver’s and got Concrete Mixers on our way home.  Yum!  They were so good.  When we got home, we read our Bibles and did our Advent Devotion.  So thankful how it reminds us of Jesus and why He came and keeps us focused on the real meaning of Christmas.  The last I heard from Vikki was that the Doctor thinks Kenzie will have the baby in the morning.  

No comments: