Saturday, December 16, 2023

Sat., 12/16/23, Went to Meijer’s and Jacks, Vikki and I made cabbage buns to take to Kenzie and Travis

Baby Reh today!  So adorable!
When Jacob helped Papa put the snow plow on the tractor yesterday, Papa gave him a jacket to wear.  Jacob liked it, so he gave it to him.  He had bought two of them.  
My first along side the road pick up.  I’m learning from Vikki.  I found this beautiful OXO highchair.  It is wooden and will look nice in the kitchen when baby is the age to use it.  Vikki and I cleaned it up really good.  The people even set out the directions for it.  They live on our road.
Vikki and I making the cabbage buns
Cabbage buns all made for Kenzie and Travis
Peyton with the cute sign Vikki found at VOA Thrift store for $10
Vikki tried it on my wall and we liked it so well, she let me buy it and have it.  It’s so peaceful to look at.

 Slept in until 9:45.  I couldn’t believe it!  Bill was already up and reading his Bible.  I had wanted to get up early so I could take cans back and get some coffee and filters.  I decided to shower later and leave right away to go to the stores.  When I was leaving Meijer, Vikki called me and we decided to make Kenzie and Travis some cabbage rolls today.  I picked up some burger from Jacks and headed home to start some dough in the bread makers.  On my way home, I saw a really nice high chair out by he road, so I turned around to go look at it.  It was beautiful and very sturdy, so I picked it up.  It was a first for me.  

I got the dough going, then cooked the burger, onion and cabbage.  While it was cooking, I worked on cleaning the highchair.  Vikki dropped Peyton of at a friend’s house to decorate cookies and go to their Christmas party.  Then she came to my house around 4 and helped me finish cleaning the high chair.  She took the straps out so we could soak them and clean them with a brush.  It sure cleaned up nice.  Then she thought the sign she got today would look really good on my wall. We held it up and it looked so nice.  She said I could buy it from her if I wanted.  It looks so nice, but I wanted to make sure she didn’t want it at her house.  She didn’t, so we hung it up and found stuff I had to go with it.  It looks so nice.  Thank you, Vikki for always being so generous.  

After we were done, the dough was raised so we started making the cabbage buns.  I spread the dough out and Vikki put the filling on.  It sure is easy with two of us working on it.  Kenzie loves cabbage buns, so we are very excited to give them to her.  We sure love our girl!  Bill, Vikki and I sampled some to make sure they were good.  They were!  Vikki hung out here while she waited for Peyton to call for her to pick her up.  We had some Oreo cookies for our dessert.  

Made banana cream pudding dessert for our Christmas Party tomorrow in Flint with the CMA chapter.  Yay, before we go to it, I get to meet Rehvyn for the first time.  Vikki is going there first, then we will get there shortly after.  I let her take my car home tonight, so she and Rody could put the chair I am going in on for Kenzie for Christmas in it and take it to her tomorrow.  It’s a pretty new chair they are letting Kenzie and I buy.  It’s what Kenzie wanted from us for Christmas.  She sure will enjoy having it with the baby.  


No comments: