Saturday, June 15, 2024

Sat. 6/15/24, Bill walked 19 miles in a Veteran’s and First Responders Suicide Awareness Walk, I did laundry, sat outside, watered some plants that didn’t get watered the last two nights, Vikki caught a skunk in our live trap, Got carwash from Evan’s class, Went to celebrate Evan’s 13th Birthday, Went to Vikki’s to see Kenzie and Rehvyn,

Our garden this morning.  Didn’t take a picture of the garden with the squash, pumpkins and cucumbers in it.
Jared to the rescue for Vikki.  He is always willing to help and does it joyfully!  We are blessed that he is in our family!!!
Bill walked 19 miles...from Hemlock to St. Louis
The Marine Corp. League had a booth set up
Bill walking
Group picture of those there from the John R. Rock detachment.  Bill is in the red shirt and shorts on the left side.  I am proud of him.  That is a long way to walk at 75.
Evan in the green shirt washing the car ahead of me
Getting more towels to finish the job
It was fun watching the wash the car ahead of me.  Mine was sprayed down and ready to wash when they were done with that one.
Evan washing the bottom of my passenger door.  He waved to me a few times.
Cute wave, but my windshield was so covered in water it didn’t come out cleat
One last smile after my car was washed, then I pulled away.  Each kid working, earned $111 towards their Washington DC trip next year.  .
I took a picture of my clean car when I got home
Evan opening gifts.  Jack and Papa next to him
Evan with his birthday cake
Blowing out the candles
These three boys sue are getting big!  Jack, Evan and Max
Evan doing the Eskimo kiss trick with Badger
Papa, Evan and me....We love our birthday boy!
I got to see Rehvyn, Kenzie, Peyton and Vikki 
Pretty bottle Kenzie put a design on.  It’s so cute and keeps water icy cold a long time
Peyton, Kenzie and Isaac hanging out together

Bill got up at 5 and got ready to go to Hemlock and walk in the Veteran’s and First Responders Suicide Awareness Walk.  22 take their lives every day, so the walk was 22 miles long.  You could walk as far as you wanted though and could quit anytime.  Drinks were provided along the way and they had food for them after the were done.  

Vikki called me early and said she caught a skunk in the live trap she borrowed from us to catch a woodchuck.  What a surprise that was!  We both read up on Google what to do.  Kimmy told her they were coming to Saginaw to go to Boehler’s again, so they would stop and help with the situation.  Vikki got it covered with a blanket, then when Kimmy and Jared came they walked it to the park and then Jared released it in the woods.

Did some laundry, watered some plants in front, put plastic shelf liner down in camper drawers in the kitchen and bathroom.  Sat outside and read the Bible.  Also did some birdwatching.  Melissa called and said Evan’s school was having a car wash to raine money for his class’s Washington D.C. Class trip next near.  I looked out and Bruce and Max were out target practicing with the bow and arrow.  They were sitting at the table Max and Papa made.  I heard it hit the target, so I guess the table is doing what it’s meant to do.  After I talked to them, I told them I was going to leave and go get my car washed.  I was happy to see Evan and he was happy to see me.  He waved a few times and I waved a few times.  He and the rest of the crew did a great job washing my car.  It looked so nice when I got out and looked at it in the garage.  Such a great fundraiser to raise money for their trip.  

Bill got home and looked very tired.  He rested for a while.  I put some more PH increaser in the pool.  It is looking so much better.  On its way to Crystal clear.  

At 6, we left to go to Melissa and Bruce’s to celebrate Evan’s 13th birthday.  He wanted to open his presents first, so that’s what he did.  Then we had delicious yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  The ice cream was yummy too.  Melissa showed me the video’s of him opening his gifts at his kids party.  He was so cute.  We visited more and Evan and Melissa showed us Badger’s tricks.  Abby came out for treats too.  

We came home, and Kenzie called me when we pulled in the driveway.  I went to Vikki’s to see her and Rehvyn while they were still in town.  She had the beautiful bottle she made there for me.  I was happy to see Peyton and Vikki too.  I’m so glad I could hug Peyton.  Happy she is feeling better.   I stopped at the Dollar Store on my way home, then also stopped at the bank.  We are going to Jacob Mulder’s graduation party tomorrow, so I got some money out to put in his card.

Sue called me and I talked to her for a while.  She said she and Charlie are really enjoying the chicken noodle casserole and it helps the so much having food.  




No comments: