Thursday, August 6, 2020

Day 143, 8/6/2020, The girls and kids came again to help us, Charlie came over, Took meal to Charlie and Sue, Kimmy and Vikki worked so hard today, Went for a walk with Melissa YAY!

Vikki and I forgot to take pictures, but Kimmy took this nice one of Adam
Hailey, Evan, Jack and Max

I asked Bill if he took any pictures and he said yes.  He sent me these four.  I was hoping some kids would be in some of them, but they are just of the work done today


Bucket of all the screws we have taken out of the deck.  WOW

The girls moved everything to this side of the deck.  Past the swing has to be screwed down yet and then we need to finish the other end of the deck.  Getting closer to being done with this great work crew.

Got up early, read my Bible, put cushions out on the deck and pool deck, moved plants off the deck, moved chairs to the garage, put two lounger chairs in the storage part underneath the pool deck.  Ate oatmeal and read my Bible.  Prayed.  Kimmy, Isaac and Eli got here and started working right away.  Vikki, Peyton and Adam came shortly after and started working right away.  I helped do what I could, and so did the kids, but the screws didn't come out very easy from the shed deck and the boards were very hard to get up.  Kimmy and Vikki were amazing.  They got boards off and took a sledge hammer to the ones that weren't any good.  Kimmy has amazing strength.  Vikki has lots too.  Me not so much!!!  Isaac was a great help, picking up wood and putting it in the wagon and taking it over and putting it on the fire.  The kids were all pretty tired today.  The work was so hard on that deck, we let the kids go swimming.  They had so much fun and sure deserved a fun day.  They have been amazing helpers.  The kids had pizza for lunch, Vikki, Bill and I had hotdogs, and Kimmy had left over grilled potatoes and corn on the cob.  Charlie stopped over for a short visit.  I made stuffed peppers, meatloaf, grilled potatoes, a salad with everything from our garden except store bought carrots and onions.  Bill and the girls and kids ate.  I took some the Charlie and Sue, and took two pieces of blueberry pie.  I ate when I got home. Adam loved my stuffed peppers.  I am so happy he tries different things and likes them.  Kimmy asked me for my meatloaf recipe and I told her it was her recipe ha ha.  I sure love those girls and grand kiddos!  Bill too of course!!!  Bill went to Faith Rider's Officer's meeting at the park by us.  He sure has worked hard too.  I went to Melissa's and dropped off the face masks I had adjusted, and picked up face masks from her so I know the right sizes to make.  Some just need new elastic on them.  I talked to all the kids for a little while.  My phone died and I couldn't take a picture, so Melissa took one for me on her phone.  She and I decided to go for a walk around her subdivision.   She did such a great job walking.  She walks so smooth now and didn't even need someone to go with her in case she needed help.  I was sure amazed and love seeing her do so much better.  I haven't seen her walk on the road in quite a while and it was sure a great improvement.  Love that girl so much.  I know she would love to be over here helping with her sisters, but has to stay safe which is just what I want her to do.  We sure enjoyed our walk and our time together.  

No comments: