Thursday, August 20, 2020

Day 157, Thurs. 8/20/2020, We Packed stuff up, mopped camper floors, played 3-13 and dice, Swam at our house, walked with Melissa and the boys

Hailey's friend Dawson was killed in a motorcycle accident.  They were really good friends.  I am praying for my Hailey girl, his family and friends.  So sad, but praising God he knew and followed Jesus.
Peyton using the card holder we found in Tawas.  She had a great hand
Isaac
Isaac during our dice game
Peyton



Peyton shaking the dice 
Isaac had a good shake
Papa giving Peyton and Isaac a ride on his new fork lift


Evan, Jack and Max 
Me, Max, Jack, Evan and Melissa on our walk (skate)

Gayla called at 8:30 and woke me up.  She couldn’t find canning lids, so wanted me to check at Northwoods.  Isaac and I checked at 3 stores in Standish, but all were out.  Called Northwoods and they didn’t have any either.  Called Gayla and let her know.  We all ate breakfast when we got back.  Had a problem with tightening my bike rack but we finally figured it out together...Vikki more than me. I mopped the floors and put some stuff away for the trip home.  Vikki packed lots of the outside stuff up.  Peyton and Isaac went fishing.  They didn’t stay long because it was too hot out.  We all played 3-13 and dice.   Lots of fun now that the kids play so good.  We ate lunch and then emptied all the tanks, put one of the hoses away, and packed up all the chairs. 
Vikki and I went for a walk/run.  Dad got there when we were getting close to getting back.  That’s when we did some running off and on.  I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Vikki (she hadn’t eaten with us) and Bill.  Bill did his stuff and then hooked the truck up.  He asked Peyton and Isaac to ride with him.  They were excited to.  I followed behind them.  Vikki had left about ten minutes before us. Bills showed us his fork lift and gave each of the kids a couple rides on it. He also showed us how he could lift the tractor with it.  The kids,Vikki and I swam.  Vikki and the kids left, and Marie and Roy stopped for a few minutes to get the Premium protein drinks we picked up for them at Sam’s Club.  Marie stayed in the car.  Bill showed Roy the deck and he was really impressed and said how much work that had to be. We bragged about our great helpers of course.  Still can’t thank them enough!  I hadn't seen Melissa in 10 days, so sure was missing her.  I called to see if we could walk around her neighborhood so we could catch up.  She said yes, so I went to her house,  and we walked around the block.  We had a nice time talking while we walked. Max rode his rip stick and Jack and Evan roller bladed.  Hailey and Bruce were in Sebewaing because a guy who was a close friend of hers got killed on a dirt bike.  His whole class met, parents of the kids stayed too and they all talked and comforted one another.  Hailey moves some of her stuff to Ann’s today.  She finishes moving on Monday.  Kenzie called and I talked to her for a while which was so nice!  

No comments: