Monday, August 3, 2020

Day 140, 8/3/2020...Vikki surprised us and came over, Hailey got her license, Hailey and Evan came over,

Hailey got her license today and drove Jack to Taco Bell 


Then she drove Evan and came to see me
Hailey and Evan
Waving goodbye


Ate oatmeal and Read Bibles. Decided I would pick the corn since we didn't catch a raccoon last night.  Vikki, Peyton and Isaac surprised us and came and scraped and power washed the deck.  
They sure worked hard.  Hailey got her license.  I am so happy for her.  She got to drive Jack to Taco Bell.  She was so happy.  Then she made my day and drove Evan here.  She made me so happy to come here on the day she got her license.  I loved sitting on the deck and talking with her and Evan.  I am so proud of her.  I sure was blessed with having grandkids around the last two days.  I sure love them all so much.  I gave Hailey and Evan a drumstick that I dumped out of the box for them.  We walked way around on grass so they could see Aunt Vikki and the kids on the deck.  They talked for a little while and also talked with Papa.  We went back on our side of the deck and talked some more.  Then Hailey said Evan wanted to go home.  I thought that was cute!  She reminded me of her mom today.  Melissa called me a few times and we got to talk.  Adam texted me and Kimmy texted me.  I did some googling and watched some videos, and it is squirrels eating our corn.  They have cleaned out most of the corn that is ready to pick.  I only found 2 ears not touched, other than the stuff that is too small right now.  First time in 16 years of having a garden here.  So sad!  Pretty happy squirrels though.  We voted today and dropped our ballots off at the township hall.  Jacob had his first day of band camp. 

No comments: