Monday, August 31, 2020

Day 168, 8/31/2020, Monday, 8/31/2020, Jacob, Adam and Eli’s first day of school, Bill took truck in to be fixed, We went to Sams Club and Bed,Bath and Beyond

My view from the glider this morning
Eli, Adam and Jacob's first day of school.  Praying for them to have a great day and year!
Kimmy sent me these pictures and the info.  I am so glad their schools are keeping kids safe!
This is Jacob (middle left) in his class.  All the kids sit 6 ft. apart even at lunch.  They sanitize a lot and wear masks all day.  The older boys could also take their masks off on a walk around the loop outside which they do 2-3x a day.  Adam said there were a lot of kids missing
Deck from the pool deck

Nice day for two swims, a walk and relaxing by the pool
 My knee hurt today.  I jumped off the shed deck yesterday, because both ends were stained and wet.  After I jumped Bill took the truck in to get fixed.  I took my shower and did my hair, then my phone rang and he wanted me to come to Muffler Man to pick him up while they worked on the truck.  I left right away and picked him up, then we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and Sam's Club.  Came home and read my Bibles.  I read out on the swing under the Maple tree.  It was a beautiful morning.  I asked Bill if he wanted to go for a walk.  He had to read his Bible first, so I started working on the Faith Rider's Newsletter to get it finished.  I decided to just go for a swim after that.  It was so nice and I couldn't believe the water was so warm.  I expected it to be really cold because of the cool nights and days we have had.  Bill came and told me he was going for a walk.  I told him I was just going to swim.  Then I decided to get out of the pool and see which way he was headed.  I put a shirt on over my suit and put my tennis shoes on.  I walked really fast to try to get closer to him so I could walk back with him.  I saw him turn into to a little circular road that just goes through where Condos are.  As he was coming out, I was a little ways from him.  He looked my direction and then turned and kept walking fast.  I was a little upset with him because he kept walking and didn't even say anything to me or wait for me.  My heel was getting sore and I thought I would get a blister, so I decided to just head back home instead of walking fast trying to catch him.  I got home and jumped back in the pool.  It felt great.  When Bill got home, he brought me my package that came in the mail back by the pool.  I told him to just set it in the garage.  I asked him why he didn't wait a couple of minutes for me to catch up to him on his walk.  He said, "That was you, I didn't have my glasses on and I just glanced and thought it was our neighbor.  He said he was sorry and also said it was my fault for not yelling to him.  I did pray a lot on the way home because my feelings were hurt.  God always works things out though.  That is how I fight my battles....Talk to God!  I warmed our dinner from yesterday up and we ate, then he left for an Elder's meeting at church.  .  Lots of laughs. Vikki and the kids came over.  We ate left over hot dogs and potatoes when they got here and then played 3-13. Peyton and Isaac spent the night.  Vikki has to start her job tomorrow.  We had a mini ice cream treat while we watched Full house.  Peyton wanted to call her mom to tell her goodnight so we did.  I read Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling Kids devotional to them, then we read the pop up kids Bible which they loved.  All the kids have loved that Bible.  We all prayed (their prayers are so touching) and then I tucked them in. Peyton wanted me to text her mom and tell her to tell her daddy she said goodnight.  Such a sweet girl!  Isaac fell asleep right away, but Peyton took a while.  What precious kiddos!


No comments: