Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Day 155, 8/18/2020, Russell grandsons showed their sheep, Went to Tawas and Oscoda, Vikki and Lucy went home, Peyton and Isaac stayed with me

Jacob, Eli and Adam with their sheep.  They showed them at the Fair and Adam took 1st place in his group, Jacob took 2nd place in his group, and Eli took 2nd place in his group of first time showmanship kids.  They all did great!



Isaac and Peyton had so much fun in the waves in Lake Huron at Oscoda

Peyton
Peyton
Peyton, me and Isaac
Peyton and Isaac
They had fun playing in the sand

Vikki and I hung our hammocks near the beach
We used our cardholders when we played 3-13 at night


Adam sent me this picture of his 2 first place plaques from the fair

I was losing until I started using the card holder during the last 4 hands
I set my alarm so I would be ready to watch Jacob, Adam and Eli show their sheep at the fair on line.  I loved watching them.  They all did such a great job.  Adam took first place and Jacob and Eli took second place in Showmanship!  I am very proud of all of them.  I made pancakes for breakfast.  Vikki watched the boys show their sheep while the pancakes were cooking.  She loved watching it too and so did the kids.  We ate all the pancakes.  After breakfast, we decided to go to Tawas and Oscoda.  We went into our favorite store, but didn’t go to any others.  Peyton and Isaac each got a Rubic cube.  They were so happy.  I got two card holders for 3-13 and some candy sticks.  We went to the main beach in Oscoda.  It was cool and windy.  We all said we weren’t going swimming.  Peyton rand down the big sand hill and got warm so decided to go swimming.  The water was pretty warm, so Isaac decided to swim too. They had so much fun in the waves. They played in the sand afterwords and so did Lucy. Vikki and I sat in our chairs in the sun and watched them.  We all laid in our hammocks after that.  Vikki and Peyton were together and Isaac and I were together.  We each ate a Kind bar.  We left there and picked up a medium pizza for Vikki and I and McDonald’s for the kids.  Vikki sanitized everything.  We went to another nice park and ate, then walked on the sidewalk along the water and out on the crummy walkway out over the water.  We walked along the beach and found some pretty stones.  Came back to the campground and Vikki packed up her stuff and Lucy’s to go home for the night as she has a school meeting in the morning.  Isaac thought he lost his Apple Watch.  I checked all the bags we took to the beach that were here and didn’t find it.  We asked Vikki to check the bags at her house and she didn’t find it.  He was starting to cry. I prayed we would find it.  I was going to go out and check my hammock bag when I saw Peyton going through her bag.  I told her to look for Isaac’s watch and she found it. He was so happy. We sure thanked God.  Peyton, Issac and I played 3-13.  I let them use the card holders and the were both beating me like crazy. I decided to use one of the card holders and started doing great.  We had candy orange slices for our snack.  I tucked them in and listened to their precious prayers, then we listened to a few chapters of the Bible on Bluetooth.  Such sweet precious kiddos.  So much fun.  I had some nice talks with Melissa.  Papa took the kids donuts today which was so sweet of him.  He wanted to go for a walk with Melissa, but she wasn’t home.

No comments: