Saturday, August 8, 2020

Day 145, 8/8/2020, Happy 22nd Anniversary Melissa and Bruce! Our hard working family came back to work all day on the decks

Adam
Eli and Isaac

Jacob, Adam and Jared (Bill through the door of the shed).  They sure did an amazing job on the deck to the shed and did it so fast too!  Finished picture below!  Lots of hard work.

Isaac 
Adam and Papa Bill
Jared and Jacob
Peyton helping me in the kitchen with dinner and muffins
We were all so happy when Melissa and Bruce came over.  We got to wish them and "in person" Happy Anniversary!  It made our day!  They had ice cream here for their anniversary!  I am so thankful God brought this amazing and loving couple together.

Bruce being silly
Jacob, Adam and Jared Working hard

Fun time with these kiddos plus plenty of exercise...Eli, Peyton, Isaac and me.  Adam out of the pool!
Eli
Peyton, Isaac and Eli using the metal detector to find treasures



 Got up before Adam and Bill and went to Krogers to get groceries I needed for today and some for our camping trip.  Got home and started sanitizing the groceries and Vikki and the kids came.  Kimmy, Jared and the boys came shortly afterward.  They started working hard right away.  Bill and I were amazed at all the work they got done and how the Shed Deck got done.  Every time I looked out, I saw smiling faces and very hard workers.  
Peyton was my wonderful helper in the kitchen.  She helped make both the beef and chicken Sloppy joes.  We peeled and got potatoes ready to cook on the grill.  We baked zucchini muffins using Bruce's recipe. We did have to call Melissa for an interpretation of his writing on the recipe.  He had OIL....but it looked like a letter and a number.  None of us could figure it out.  Melissa asked Bruce and found out it was OIL in caps.  We had a good laugh because we thought it was OJ 1.  Some kind of orange juice.   Peytons muffins were delicious.  We made some with nuts and some plain.  Everyone took a lunch break and we ate sloppy joes and chips.  They went back to work right away. Peyton and I ran to home Depot.   I returned a box of screws that was the wrong color.  I was also getting 3 10 lb. boxes of screws and bits for the drills.  I went to pay and realized I left my wallet home. I left my phone home too, so couldn't call Bill and ask him a question about the bits.  We headed home, got what I needed, and went back and paid for our stuff and used the Military Card of Bill's for his discount.  That's why I forgot my wallet.  I was answering Kenzie on the computer and Bill gave me his card for the store and I sat it on the table to finish answering Kenzie.  After we got home, Melissa and Bruce stopped over.  The rest of us had just had an ice cream break, so I told Melissa and Bruce they should have anniversary ice cream here.  They did.  It was so nice having them here for a while to talk to.  Everyone was trying to talk to Melissa at once, we were so happy she was here.  Peyton and I finished the potatoes and then Eli, Peyton, and Isaac helped me shuck corn by the garden.  Great helpers!  The younger kids swam quite a bit and had fun.  I went in for a while with them and had fun with them and got lots of exercise.  I got out and started cooking the potatoes and corn.  We ate and then they all got back to work and were trying to finish by 9 as that is the time Bill said they should stop for sure.  They finished for the day when it was dark, and they are coming back tomorrow.   I have the best kids and grandkids ever!  I am so thankful to the Lord for my family He has blessed me with.  



















 

1 comment:

Lela F Russell said...

What a project! Power tools...that's what keeps them going. And...what a way to learn how to do a job and practice good working habits. You may be benefiting but they are also. Now this is a PROJECT!