Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday, 1/22/21, Kimmy and family came over, Vikki and twins came over, Nice gifts arrived from Lela

 Bill and Jacob charging Kimmy's van
 Kimmy, Eli, Bill and Adam...Vikki stopped to see what was going on when she went by while coming to our house.  She took Eli to our house with her.
Me and Bill in our wonderful slippers from Lela (We love them).  Adam must take after his Papa Bill wearing shorts in the winter ha ha!
 Bill relaxing with his slippers on
 Beautiful face masks and neat bird house hole fixer from Lela
Jacob
 Eli and Peyton
 Isaac and Adam
Jared
 Isaac, Jacob and Peyton
 Jacob and Jared turning my treadmill back the way it was for me.  It jerked when facing the other direction...maybe it wasn't level.  We aren't sure why it did that after they moved it Christmas Eve.  Sure appreciate them moving it!

 Adam texted me and said they didn't have school today.  I asked him if they were coming over and told him I hoped so.  Charlie picked Bill up to go for a ride and drink coffee.  Kimmy called me and said they were coming over, but she had to finish some yarn bowls first.  Adam texted me to let me know when they were on their way.  I got a call from Kimmy that their van quit just a little ways down our road.  Adam ran here and was really cold by the time he got her because he only had a sweatshirt and shorts on.  It was 9 degrees with the wind chill factor.  Burr!  Jacob came through the front door a few minutes later.  I drove my car down there so they could sit in a warm vehicle.  Eli was super happy to get in. Kimmy got in and I made her wear my hat and mittens she made for me because I know they are the warmest.  Bill, Adam, and Jacob came and got the jumper cables hooked up.  They tried a few times, but the van would only move a little bit and then died again.  Finally he charged it longer (Adam, Eli and I were in my car praying that it would make to our house) and the last time it did.  We were so happy.  They all warmed up in the house and Jared got there shortly after.  He and Bill went to the Auto Parts store and got an alternator.  Jared put it in and the van worked.  Yay!  We hung out and visited and ate snacks.  Kimmy fixed a floor board in our bedroom that mice had chewed a hole and and lots of cold air was coming through.  I was going to buy a new piece of wood, but talented Kimmy fixed it like it was new.  Thank you so much Kimmy!  I will sand and paint it tomorrow.  Kimmy brought us some nice gifts from Jared's mom.  She made Bill and I each a beautiful pair of slippers that are decorated so cute.  She also made us more of the best face masks (cute too). Vikki took a few and we have friends we know who will love having some.  She also gave us a thing we can screw over the hole of our birdhouse Kimmy's boys made to make the hole the right size.  A woodpecker made the hole so big a squirrel could practically move in.  Thank you so much Lela for your kindness and generosity and for being such blessing to us always.  Thankful our grandson's have such wonderful Indiana grandparents.  After everyone left, I made venison in my smart pot.  I put carrots and onions in too and it all came out so tender and delicious.  Only took 40 minutes and one push of a button.  We watched a movie called, Saved by Grace which was really good.  

1 comment:

Lela F Russell said...

Kind words and YOU are so welcome. Michigan winters are not at all like Indiana. No snow here this year. Maybe 2 inches so far. Brrrr for you. Slippers...stay warm. I'm thinking that JB must have learned all his motor stuff from Bill. He is the total opposite of Doug but much like my dad. Stay warm. Thanks so much for all the blog reading. Helps so much to see the number who read indicating that folks are walking along side. God be near.