Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sun. 1/10/21, After church, we went to Travis and Kenzie's to work on their house.


 Picture Vikki took of me and Mylee!  She is a little heart melter!
 Eli taking a cat nap with Katniss

 Eli and Mylee
 Jacob and Mylee
 Adam and Mylee
 Jacob helping at Kenzie's

 Didn't take any pictures today!  Busy Busy!   Vikki only took one.  At least I have one to post here.  Got the crockpots and roaster going right away this morning so the chili would be hot for our lunch at Kenzie's.  After church, we packed up and went there to help clean and work on the house.  Kimmy and her family were the first ones there.  Vikki was next, then me and then Papa with the trailer.  One of the crockpots of chili spilled in my car.  I had put an old plastic tablecloth down, so threw it away.  Some had got on the carpet edge though and was pretty orange.  Kimmy got stuff and cleaned it for me.  Vikki had some spray in her car, so Kimmy used that.  She did a great job!  What a sweetie for doing that for me.  Kenzie's puppy, Mylee, is adorable and such a nice dog.  We all ate lunch and were too full for desert.  The guys got a lot done outside.  Us girls and some of the boys got lots done upstairs.  It was fun working together and listening to K-Love while we worked.  We took a dessert break and had some pumpkin bread.  Then we got back at our work.  Got the upstairs done, except Kenzie has to wash the ceilings still.  It is going to be so nice when it's painted and the carpet is down.  It is such a cute house.  Their neighbors sure like them already.  Charlie and Sue stopped over.  The driveway was super icy, so they didn't want to get out and take a chance on falling.  They talked to us for a while, and said they would come back when it wasn't so icy.  Bill left for home, and then I finished washing the walls in the last room upstairs, and left for home too.  Kenzie helped me clean off both of my tables and pack up my stuff.  Travis wanted me to leave the chili there.  He loved it and wanted another bowl right then too.  Kimmy took her chili I made her home and didn't have any spills.  I went out to clean the carpet and make sure all the orange was out, and there wasn't any orange left.  Kimmy sure did a great job!  I still sprayed it and washed it to make sure it was all out.  Those girls and their families are sure good workers.  Kenzie, Travis and Papa are sure good workers too!  We are blessed with a family that loves and helps each other.

2 comments:

Lela F Russell said...

That last sentence says a whole lot. Woo...I was wondering what was happening and Kimmy's blog and yours says it all. Strong people for sure!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

That is right Lela! It was fun reading Kimmy's blog because she gave the details I forgot! Love that you have a blog again!