Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Tues. 1/5/21, Did spelling and reading with Peyton and Isaac, Played 3-13, Went to Kenzie's,


  I borrowed this cute picture from Kimmy of Jacob, Adam and Eli with Grandma and Grandpa Russell.  Even Eli is making his grandma look shorter.
 Peyton with her bird

 Peyton loves her bird
 Isaac with the birds
 Isaac

 Kenzie and Travis

 After we left Kenzie's we stopped at Hungry Howie's and ordered two pizza's. This is mine!

I took the garbage and recycling out.  That will be my job now until Bill's shoulder is fully healed.  Also hauling the wood pellets for the kernel burner.  I have a good system, where I just roll them to the door and don't have to carry them.  I scoop out one pail and then can carry the other one.   I have snowblower the driveways a couple of times too now.  I sure appreciate all Bill did now even more. Isaac got up first, then Peyton about 15 minutes later.  We ate breakfast than started spelling.  They both only missed 2 words.  We read the Picture Bible and finished the story of Samson and started Ruth.  They love reading the Bible.  They read their other chapter book and then I read Little House to them.  They wanted to play 3-13 after that.  That's our math class ha ha!  Vikki came to pick them up and had to leave right away to check on their birds.  Bill had a VA appt., so he left and I went with Vikki so I could see the birds.  They are really nice birds and pretty tame already.  Vikki made me a delicious cup of Hot Chocolate with whipped cream on it.  YUM!  Bill came to pick me up after his appt., so Vikki put the rest of my Cocoa in a cup I could take it with me.  We came home and I got a flashlight, the water cooler with a cold and hot spout, packed us a quick lunch and we headed to Kenzie's.  I helped Kenzie and Bill helped Travis.  The cold spout on the water cooler didn't work.  Kenzie and I finally got it dripping and then it started a small stream.  We cleaned out stuff from a couple of rooms upstairs.  The guys checked plugs and were in the basement, sheds and outside checking things out.  Katniss is such a good kitty.  She is going to be a mouser too which in the country is needed.  Bill and I did some artwork on the wall.  Travis and Kenzie had done quite a bit on the walls until they paint them.  We came home and on our way, Bill asked if I wanted to order pizza's from the Hungry Howie's we ordered from before when we were there.  I said yes and got the same kind...Pepperoni with Banana Peppers.  So yummy!  Bill got his no cheese and just beef pizza.  It's tradition now I guess.  I got to thinking and think the cold water spout will work once it's in the house for a while.  I got it out of our camper and it was probably frozen inside.  The heater worked for the hot water spout, but we turned the cold button on so nothing thawed in the cold spout.  I told Kenzie to turn the cold button off.  We got home and Bill couldn't find his phone.  We searched in the truck, outside, out by the shed, in the shed, and in the house.  Then we got Kenzie looking.  We had our Zoom Prayer meeting from church so joined that.  Afterward, we started looking again.  I called it but we didn't hear it ring anywhere.  I had just talked to Kenzie and they were going to go look in the shed.  Bill checked in the truck one more time and found it in his door.   Yay!  I called Kenzie back and got her before she went out looking for it.  We watched a good movie called Miracle of the Tree.



3 comments:

Lela F Russell said...

I would say there was a phone miracle. I'm sure the kids appreciated your help. New/Old houses can have so many surprises one never expects. About a year ago I "lost" my phone. We got a call from Goodwill! It was there much to my surprise.

Lela F Russell said...

Penny...the picture. My neck is getting shorter!!!! There will not be a short grandson living in Michigan. I have a chance with Noah who is on growth medicine.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Hum, your neck is getting shorter. Is that what happens???? I loved the picture on Kimmy's blog of all your grandsons with their stockings! All handsome boys and I know they had so much fun together. We sure are blessed with wonderful grandkids!