Friday, November 19, 2021

Fri., 11/19/21, Happy 81st Birthday to Charlie, Baked pies, made rolls, got things ready for tomorrow, went to Holidays in the Heart of the City, Best Part....Got to hug Melissa, Hailey and the boys for the first time since Covid started...Tears of Joy

Bill, me, Evan, Bruce, Jack and Hailey
Jack, Melissa, me, Hailey, Evan, Bill and Bruce waiting for the lighting of the Christmas lights
Melissa, Evan, Bill, Bruce, Hailey and Jack
Bill and Melissa
Melissa and me

Melissa
Jack, Hailey, Evan, Bruce and Melissa
Melissa
Bill, Jack, Bruce, Evan and Hailey...Love Evan's expression at the lights being lit
Bill, me, Evan, Jack, Bruce and Hailey

All the lights lit at the Waterworks.  I used to come see the lights at the Waterworks when I was a little kid

Bill had therapy at the VA.  He also dropped lots of stuff I had gathered for the thrift store.
I made a banana cream pie, a chocolate banana pie, and a pumpkin pie.  I also made two batches of rolls.  I talked to Kimmy and she was making a yummy apple pie and two batches of rolls for tomorrow too.  I tried to tell her I would make the other two batches of rolls, but she was persistent in wanting to make them.  Adam was feeling better today, so we were happy about that.  I stopped at Melissa's and dropped the drops off for the Covid testing, then got celery from Aldi, and got gas at Sam's Club.  I called Charlie and sang Happy Birthday to him.  He's 81 today!  When I got home, I did my reading and praying.  Bill did too.  He got new wipers for my car, which I sure appreciate.  He got the tables in that we will need tomorrow.  I wiped them down, then put Thanksgiving tablecloths on them.  Melissa called and wanted us to go to Holidays in the Heart of the City.  I talked to Vikki after I talked to Melissa and told her we were going if they wanted to go too.  We picked Hailey up, then we met Bruce and Melissa by the zoo.  We each got specialty coffee's/younger kids got hot chocolate from Traveling Tom's Coffee Truck, then walked to the Waterworks to watch them light the Christmas lights.  It was pretty nice out...39 degrees and no wind.  We had fun while we drank our coffee/hot chocolate and waited for the lighting.  After that, we walked down the sidewalk and watched the horse and wagons go buy.  They were giving free rides.  Lines were long, so we didn't get in the crowds.  We went to the Montague Inn afterward to see if they were having the live nativity.  They had the sign up the Nouvel was doing it, but no one was there when we were.  They were playing beautiful music though.  We walked through the zoo and looked at all the Christmas lights and what animals we could see.  The best and most wonderful part was that when we walked to our car, we put on our facemarks and we got to hug each other for the first time since Covid started.  Jack gave me a super long wonderful hug, Evan gave me a great hug, Hailey gave me a great hug once I made her take her hands out of her pocket and told her I wasn't moving til I got a good one (she's not a hugger, but has gotten better since Covid) and then Melissa hugged me and we didn't want to let go....she came back for another one too.  Of course, we were in tears at getting to hug after so long of not being able too.  When Jack was walking to their vehicle, he told Melissa that hugging was the best part of the night.  Melissa and I texted lots when we got home and we both agreed with Jack.  I will never forget how special tonight was.  Thank You Lord!!!  I peeled potatoes, got the ham cut up and in the crockpot for tomorrow, and cheesy potatoes are made and ready to bake tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lela Russell said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving of being together. Blessings abound.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Yes they do abound! So much to be thankful for. You are one of the people I am very thankful for too. Thankful for God's healing upon you and thankful for your generous giving heart.