Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday, 11/14/21, Went to church, Tried to catch a lost dog, Went to Vikki's

 

Peyton
Isaac
Isaac giving me a great big wonderful hug!

Snow was falling when we got up this morning
Cute goodie container I won at a spaghetti dinner to help Foster Children.  Look closely to see the name of the candy shop lol.

It was snowing out when we got up.  It was pretty and I always love the first snowfall.  Someone said we were supposed to get 2 inches, but nothing stuck on the ground yet by 9:30 p.m., so I guess they were wrong.  Yay! I didn't want 2 inches yet.  We need to have the leaves on that tree fall down so they can be picked up first.  Spent some time worshipping, reading my Bible, and praying, then went to church for intercessory prayer before service.  Bill went back with the Elders to pray over pastor.  Another good message and wonderful worship.  We ate, then took a short little nap. We forgot to give Jeff and Debbie squash from our garden at church, so they stopped on their way by our house to pick it up.  They couldn't stay because it was Jeff's birthday and they had to be with family, so Jeff just ran up to the porch to get it.  Our neighbor behind us texted Bill because he saw a dog on his porch on his camera.  He was up north, so Bill checked it out and the dog came into our driveway next.  It was a big black dog with a collar on.  We tried to call it and it ran down our road and crossed busy Tittabawassee Rd.  Cars had to stop for it to cross. We followed it and tried to call it again, but all it did was run again.  It ended up running into a field and ran so fast it was almost out of sight in the field in a few minutes.  We gave up then.  I dropped of the notes I took in church to Lisa.  Dropped off a couple of subs for them to eat too.  Her mom was doing a little better today.  I just left things on the porch and talked to Lisa from my phone.  Vikki called and wanted to know if we wanted to come over for homemade vegetable noodle soup.  Bill couldn't go because he had Rocco coming over because he has the same kind of truck he just got and wants help figuring some things out.  Charlie was bring homemade oatmeal cookies over too.  I went and had fun hanging out with Vikki, Rody and the kids.  The soup was delicious.  She sent some home to Bill too. Isaac gave me the best hug when I was leaving.  Peyton gave me a hug, but after Isaac's I told her she could do better lol.  Then she gave me a really big hug.  When I got home, I could smell something that smelled like candles, but not good candles.  I looked and saw that the fireplace glass had plastic all melted on it.  Bill said he had worked for an hour on cleaning all the wood pellets up that fell out of the hole of the melted bag.  He turned it off, so when I got home, it was cool enough, for me to start working on.  I got the glass cleaned up after using a lot of elbow grease on it.  Then we started it back up, before it got cold in here.  Bill had a bowl of Vikki's yummy soup.  Bill thanked her and told her it was very good, when I called her about taking screenshots on my computer.   I read some on my book for my Bible Study.  Knitted on dishcloths too.  Texted with Adam.  Praying for Hailey's appointment at U of M tomorrow.  They are trying to figure out why she is having back pain.  She had spina bifida when she was a baby and they did surgery.  They think maybe it's a muscle that needs therapy, but will do tests to find out for sure.  I appreciate any prayers for my sweet Hailey.  



No comments: