Thursday, November 18, 2021

Thurs, 11/18/21, Mopped floors, cleaned upstairs, got wireless sensor for kernel burner, went to Kimmy's

 

Hailey - she was on the porch when I got to Melissa's

Adam, Eli and Jacob...had to take the picture through the window because I couldn't go in
Our wireless sensor in the top left corner.  Just realized the light switch cover doesn't match.  Guess we had better switch it for a white one.

I woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I prayed while lying there for a while, then got up to read my Bible.  I did some reading up on a wireless sensor for the kernel burner.  It looked easy to hook up and it's nice because you can hang it 30 ft. or closer to the kernel burner and it registers the temperature of the room on the kernel burner screen.  We didn't use very many pellets today, because it would sense the temperature and when it was as warm in the room as what the temperature was set for, it would automatically turn off, then come back on when it was cooler than the set temperature.  We should have gotten one of these when we got the kernel burner.  It's amazing!  
I moved everything and mopped the foyer, kitchen, hallway, bathroom and utility room.  Sure feels good to have that done.  I cleaned the upstairs and got it all vacuumed too.  Cooked up a squash too.  Two more to cook up and it will all be done.  Bill blew more leaves out to the garden.  It was in the 30's and windy.  I couldn't help him this time, because I was cooking up burger and getting dinner ready.  Kept 2 cups of burger out for the stuffing on Sat.  Put it in the freezer til then.  

Vikki took Peyton and Isaac to get their Covid shots, Melissa and Bruce were taking Evan at the same time to the drive through one and they were about 10 cars behind Vikki and the kids.  They had a 2 hr and 5 min. wait, but they got their vaccines.  I went to Melissa's afterward and picked up a home Covid testing kit from her to take to Kimmy's so Adam could be tested.  He's had a sore throat and headache for a while now.   Praying he is back to normal tomorrow.  It started snowing pretty heavily when I got to Midland.  Nothing stuck to the ground though.  I left the Covid test on the porch, then Kimmy came out and got it after I walked back to my car.  I don't want to catch anything so waved and said hi to the boys through the window.  Kimmy and I talked on the phone while they did the test. Kimmy and Jared went to do the test, and Bruce forgot to put a swab in to do the test.  Kimmy looked in a first aid kit they had and there was a sterile one in it.  We were pretty thankful for that.  Bruce felt really bad that he forgot to put one in, but he figured Jared works in a lab and would know what to do.  Praising God that Adam tested negative. 
I ate spaghetti when I got home.  Worked on my blog and did some knitting. 



No comments: