Friday, December 17, 2021

Friday, 12/17/21, Happy 18th Birthday Hailey!, Made more Christmas Cookies, Made chocolate pretzels, Celebrated Hailey's Birthday

Bill decorating Christmas cookies


Me and Bill decorating cookies
Making pretzels...Wes made me the pretzel holder a few years back
Pretzels all done

Happy Birthday Hailey!!! We love you!!!



Hailey and Abby

Bruce, Hailey and Melissa
Hailey while we were singing happy birthday to her...18 candles took a long time for Bruce to light and a short time for her to blow out


Hailey opening presents
She also got a new guitar strap


Melissa and Bruce got Hailey a case for her new guitar.  They wrapped it first and gave it to her to trick her into thinking that was all she was getting.  They put a plastic blowup guitar in it as a joke.  She laughed so hard.  

Hailey opening her real guitar
Hailey opening the real guitar

Hailey and her Acoustic Guitar we got her with Bruce and Melissa for her birthday and Christmas

Hailey and her friend Brianna

Evan...he drummed for us and kept a really good
Me, Hailey and Papa Bill
We took an outside picture so we could have our masks off

I got up early and wished Hailey a happy birthday before she left for school.  Bill had a therapy appt.  I went to Meijer early before it got busy there.  I picked up veggies and stuff to make dip for the party at Debbie's tomorrow.  I came home and picked up the leaves on the deck that the wind blew there yesterday.  There were piles, but they all pretty much blew in one spot.  I put them on a tarp and hauled them to the back woods.  I talked to Sue and she was doing better today, but still needs to rest lots.  She had received some sad news today.  Their niece who was 55 died from Covid last night at a hospital by us. Her husband has Covid and is in the Midland hospital.  We had got to visit her a few years back.  She was a beautiful Christian lady.  Bill got home and took the syphon out of the pool and got the net and scooped the leaves out of the pool and picked them up.  My job was sure easier.  I made another batch of Christmas cookies.  Bill came out to the kitchen and told me he would help me decorate them when I was ready.  He sure decorated fast and they looked so good.  It didn't take us long at all.  After that, I dipped pretzels in chocolate and sprinkled decorations on them.  It's a pretty messy job because they drip for a few minutes.  I was thankful to have the pretzel holder Wes made for me.  I can stick them in the holes and keep turning them til the chocolate is hard.  We ate, and then went to Melissa's to celebrate Hailey's Birthday.  We visited, sang Happy Birthday, then Hailey opened her presents.  She opened her brothers presents first and was really sweet and loved everything they got her.  Then she opened her trick present, which was really nice and very needed, even though it wasn't what she thought.  She laughed, especially when she saw the fake guitar.  She sure was happy when she opened the real guitar.  She tuned it right away and played some on it.  She needs her amplifier for us to hear it good with that guitar though.  I am so thankful she loves music and is a gifted singer and musician.  I am also thankful she loves to worship.  She sure is a blessing in my life and a treasure to my heart.  
I wrapped Debbie and Tom's present for tomorrow and packed up lots of goodies in decorative containers to give them too.  Bill and I watched a good movie, while I worked on my blog.    


 


1 comment:

Vikki's Blog said...

Cant wait to hear Hailey play that guitar, how cool! She's so talented! You and dad look cute decorating cookies together.