Thursday, December 2, 2021

Thurs., 12/2/21, went shopping, helped Bill haul branches to the back yard, Vikki and the kids came over,put up Christmas lights,

Hot chocolate after putting up the lights and nativity
Isaac and Peyton...great helpers
Lights looks so nice...Thanks Bill, Vikki, Peyton and Isaac for your help
Bill checking out the lights...we both came out to look at them lit up and took pictures


I love this picture of Eli and Bo....except Eli is looking so much older.  Another grandson growing up so fast


I had to go pick up some groceries and also pick up two outfits for the kid's sizes I picked from the giving tree.  I went to Meijer, Macy's and Penneys.  They had very few outfits in the sizes I needed.  I was thinking I would see lots of cute outfits and have lots of choices, but there isn't much out there.  So sad.  Right now with Christmas shopping there should be many selections.  It was very difficult to find one 3 yr. outfit for a girl and a 24 month outfit for a boy.  I did manage to though.  Not my kind of shopping.  When I got home, Bill was trimming the tree out front that we decorate.  I ate half a sandwich I had left from yesterday when we ate with Kenzie.  It tasted just as good today.  I helped him haul the branches to the back brush pile.  We started putting lights on the bushes, then Vikki called.  She asked if we wanted her to come help.  I was going to say no because I know she works so hard at work, but Bill said yes.  His back was starting to hurt him because he had worked on trimming the tree.  She was picking up the kids and came right away afterward.  They were such great helpers.  Vikki helped with the lights.  I sent Peyton and Isaac upstairs to get the sheep out of the attic for the nativity.  I figured they could carry those because they were little.  They ended up bringing all of the nativity figures down and there are a lot.  Then Peyton went to rest in the Vikki's car.  Isaac helped us with the lights.  We all put stakes in the ground and put  the nativity figures over them.  The stakes keep them from blowing away.  It all looked great when we got done.  It was about 46 degrees, but so windy if felt much colder.  We all came in and had hot chocolate afterward to warm up.  It sure tasted good.  Vikki and the kids left after that.  Bill and I ate burgers, fried potatoes and peas for dinner.  Then I talked to Melissa and texted with Vikki.  Got some cute texts from Adam too.  So nice to have the light all up outside.  Thanks again Peyton, Isaac and Vikki.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old Navy might have had a cute outfit. Thats crazy it would be so difficult to find outfits. Your house looks so pretty with the Christmas lights and nativity! Kimmy

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

I never even thought of Old Navy. I did end up getting two really cute ones, it just took a long time and three stores to do it. Thanks....dad added an additional surprise to our outside Christmas decor now lol.