Monday, December 6, 2021

Monday, 12/6/21, Happy Birthday Fred, Sad for Kenzie and Travis as their friend was shot and killed last night in Chicago, Read new updated insurance information which took lots of time, made Christmas treats

 

Some Christmas treats I made today


A friend posted this today and it sure brought a smile to my face.

Bill had therapy on his back.  I did my Advent devotion, and my morning reading.  Kenzie called and was upset because a girl they had met in Chicago at the Art Fair who had spent the whole day with them, as she was new at it and was getting tips from them and watching them paint, was shot and killed last night.  She was the only one identified, so they are waiting to see if any other friends were injured or killed. 29 were shot in Chicago.  The friend had invited them to a party, but they didn't want to go as they wanted to get home.  The girl only went because her boyfriend was going.  There ended up being a shooting.  I am praying for Meagans family.  So tragic and such a great loss.  Praying for all of the rest also.  Kenzie had just posted a picture of them together on her facebook page.  I am thanking and praising God that Kenzie and Travis didn't go.  I can't even begin to imagine how awful this is for the family.  I wished Bill's brother, Fred, my bonus brother, a happy birthday.  He is one of the nicest people ever!  I talked with Sue and prayed with her a couple of times today.  She finally got a hold of the heart doctor and has an appt. tomorrow morning at 9.  
Vikki came over for a short visit.  It's always good to see her.  It was super windy with gusts of 45 mph.  Thankful our nativity pieces outside are staying put.  I put Christmas music on,  then made Christmas treats tonight.  They were super easy ones.  Talked to my niece, Tammy, to see how she was doing. Texted with Adam and gave him a good laugh.  

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

yum your candy looks amazing! I cant wait to taste!!!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

You can sample anytime!