Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thurs., 12/16/21, Baked 2 batches of Christmas Cut Out cookies...Vikki, and the kids helped cut out, Then Kimmy and family helped decorate


60 degrees and beautiful today except wind was really strong
Peyton, Isaac and Nana
Isaac helping cut out cookies
Peyton helping cut out cookies
The decorating crew

Jacob, Adam, Eli, Peyton and Isaac
Christmas cookies all decorated! Thanks so much all you great helpers!

Got up early so I could get my reading done and do my devotion.  Bill had a meeting with Mike and Cheryl at 8:30.  I had my oatmeal and coffee, then made two batches of Grandma's Daisy's (my great grandma's) Christmas cookies.  I packed up a container for Melissa and family to decorate, then I texted Vikki to see if the kids wanted to come cut out the last few trays.  They did, so they came after school and did a great job helping.  They are very good at it.  Vikki gave them some cutting hints.  Peyton and Isaac had fun rollerblading in the basement.  After we were done baking the cookies, we talked to Kimmy and they all came over to help decorate.  I had made some noodle casserole to take to Sue and Charlie.  She just got home from the hospital today.  Vikki, Bill, Peyton and I had some.  I took the casserole, some butterhorns and some Christmas cookies to Charlie and Sue.  When I got home, Kimmy and family were there and all the kids were decorating.  Kimmy and Vikki were assisting by putting the decorated cookies on the table.  Jared and Kimmy had ate some noodle casserole, then I put pizza's in for the boys who all prefer pizza over noodle casserole.  What a great decorating team that made it go so fast.  Eli was our designer decorator.  He even decorated a horse and wrote Bo's name on it in decorations.  They all did such a wonderful job decorating.  Kimmy, Vikki and Jared helped clean up.  Such blessings!  I had been on my feet all day, so I was thinking I would just let the laundry go and fold it tomorrow.  I walked out in the utility room, and Bill had it all folded neatly.  I was so happy.  That's just what I needed at that moment.  I gave him a big kiss and then was able to sit and relax.  I watched Eli and Jacob's Christmas Band Concert as Kimmy sent them to my computer while she was here.  They did absolutely amazing.  The Concert was so good.  I will be watching it again!  The last song Jacob's band did was just wonderful.  It had to be a hard one to learn and it went really fast in parts.  I got my blog done after that. 


1 comment:

Vikki's Blog said...

Awe that was sweet of Dad to fold the laundry for you. That is how I feel today, I am just now sitting down after standing all day. Im pooped! It sure was fun decorating cookies with everyone, well mostly watching the kids decorate haha