Saturday, December 11, 2021

Sat., 12/11/21, Warm 55 in the morning, It got very windy later today 55 mph wind gusts

No pictures today.  Went out to mail some cards this morning and it was a balmy 55 degrees.   I picked up some leaves on the deck, then blew the rest off the deck.  Came in and made our coffees.  A short time later, the wind picked up and then started howling.  I saw the part of the eaves trough that drains the water away from the house fly up on the deck.  Then a chair on the deck blew over.  It was so windy, I waited for it to calm down a little before I went out to pick them up.  Then I noticed a wheel cover on the 5th wheel had blown off, so I went out and picked it up.  I also picked up a shepherd from the nativity as it was leaning a little and I thought it would blow away with the strong winds.  The wind got even stronger after I came in.  Kenzie called and said she didn't have power and it wouldn't be back on until tomorrow at 8 p.m.  Shani posted a picture of a tree fallen on power lines at her neighbors so she was without power too.  Talked to Kimmy and they still have power.  So thankful.  She said some trees were falling by Stark Rd.  They didn't come to put the snowblower on because of the awful wind.  I made meatballs for tomorrow's Christmas Party.  Also making banana cream pudding dessert.   Did my reading and devotions a little later today.  So good though.  Put worship on the TV.  Wrapped more gifts today, and finished Christmas cards.  Made venison steaks in the Smart Pot tonight.  They were so tender and yummy.  We watched a movie in the evening.  

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

sure was windy, geez, I was so worried that our trampoline would blow into the neighbors fence. haha

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Melissa's trampoline blew and crunched once remember. Glad yours didn't!