Thursday, December 23, 2021

Thurs., 12/23/21, spent the day baking and cooking for tomorrow, It snowed so Bill decided to snowblow the driveway, Bill went upstairs and spent a long time wrapping presents,

Evan with his stocking Papa got at the VA and gave him
Jack with his stocking Papa got at the VA and gave him

Cheesy potatoes ready to bake tomorrow
Making banana pudding dessert, then a chocolate banana pie.  Used Lela's yummy pie crust recipe
Rolls hot out of the oven
Bill snowplowing the driveway...it was dark but he got it done!  He didn't want it to be slippery for tomorrow when everyone comes.   
Those presents in front of the TV are some that Bill wrapped
Bill had to go to therapy.  Did morning reading. I went to Jacks and got a Hickory Stick and had them slice it.   Started two batches of dough for rolls going.  Put the Chosen Christmas music on and it was so worshipful.  Made pie crust, then made banana cream pudding and chocolate pudding.  Got the banana cream dessert made and the chocolate banana pie.  Bill brought the tables in from the garage and put the one that goes in the family room up so I could put the tablecloth on and put the plates out and hot pads out.  Everything done today, makes tomorrow easier.  Cut up veggies and got cookies and butterhorns out of the freezer to thaw.  Cranberry relish is made.  Cut up cheese to go with the crackers and Hickory Stick.
Baked the rolls.  Got all of the dishes out and ready to be filled in the morning.  Cut up the ham and put it in the crock pot dish so it's ready to start in the morning.  Did some cleaning upstairs, then vacuumed the basement.  Made the cheesy potatoes, and peeled potatoes for the mashed potatoes Kimmy and Jared with mash for me.  They make delicious mashed potatoes.  Kimmy and I had a laugh on the phone because at Bill's sister's Christmas party, she wanted me to mash the potatoes.  She asked me if I wanted to use the hand masher or the electric hand mixer.  Of course I chose the electric hand mixer for all those potatoes for 22 people.  We couldn't even imagine using a hand masher.  I asked Kimmy and Jared if they would do it because they always mash the potatoes at our Christmas party and are so good at it.  Well Kimmy spotted the Kitchen Aid mixer and asked if they could use it.  She moved everything out of the way to get to it, then asked where the beater was.  Well Debbie didn't know and we didn't find it anywhere, so they used the hand held one.  There potatoes were delicious, and will always be remembered.  It was snowing throughout the day, and in the evening started raining.  Bill thought it might freeze, so he snowblowed the driveway.   Bill was sure upstairs wrapping for a long time.  Usually he has Kimmy do his wrapping on Christmas Eve morning.  He did an amazing job!  I might have him do all the wrapping from now on lol.  When he came in, we watched the movie, The Nativity Story.  Melissa called and I talked to her for a while and was excited to hear how their day went with Bruce's Dad and step mom coming for their Christmas and going inside after Covid testing.  They wore masks, but aid it seemed so normal and good.  I am so happy for them and I'm looking forward to Christmas day when Bill and I get to do that.   

 

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

I didn't know they used a hand masher for the potatoes at Aunt Debbie's, wow how old fashioned haha They sure were good!
Funny that dad did the wrapping, so did Rody. Haha, I haven't wrapped one gift this year. I just made the tags for all the gifts after Rody wrapped them. Hopefully he got all the names right, because he seemed unsure of a couple gifts lol. I'm sorry I didn't get your calendar done. I was going to try and get it done today, but that stupid dog took up all my time. lol
It sure is nice that Dan and Brenda got to spend time with Mel and her family. That had to make them all so happy!!!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

We both made out with our wrapping. I am patient when it comes to your amazing calendar you always make me. They used an electric hand masher at least instead of the old fashion masher she offered. I'm so happy for Melissa and her family too. Love you!