Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Wed., 12/15/21, Marie had aortic valve replacement, Sue had Ablation procedure..both went well, may come home tomorrow, made snowflakes with Vikki, Peyton and Isaac


Church pop up Christmas Card Carol sent me.  She sends a cute pop up card every year and I sure do look forward to getting them

Me making a snowflake
Me finishing my snowflake
Vikki and I with our snowflakes...this was so much fun!  Thanks Vikki!
Isaac and Peyton
Bill in his Marine Corp. Uniform
Ha ha Bruce eating one of the butterhorns I took him!  This is even funnier than last years picture!

Bill went to breakfast with Charlie.  Sue called Charlie and they wanted her to come in to the hospital.  They ended up doing the Ablation today.  All went well and she just has to stay the night to make sure all is good.  Great Advent devotion again today and great Scripture reading to go with it.  Roy called me and said Marie's aortic valve replacement went well.  She has to spend the night in the hospital.  We are praying she doesn't need a pacemaker put in tomorrow per Marie's request.  It's sad that Roy could only be on the surgical floor with her, then when they took her to a room, he couldn't go be with her.  That hospital, and the one Sue is are both filled.  Before Sue could be admitted, someone had to be sent home. I am praying for all of the medical staff.  This has to be so difficult and overwhelming.  Also praying because patients have to be alone without their loved ones by them.  After Bill got home, I put Christmas worship music on and then I made chocolate peppermint bark for Vikki and family.  It was ready when she got here.  She taught me how to make those beautiful snowflakes today.  It was fun learning how.  They turned out so good, and they don't take much time to make.  She made broccoli, cheese, and noodles  while she was here and it was so yummy.  After they left, Kimmy face timed me.  Vikki and I had tried to face time her, but not a good signal so couldn't.  I showed her the snowflakes in the family room. 
Kimmy sent me a video and Eli sure does amazing riding Bo bareback.  Bill and I watched Homeless for the Holidays, a favorite movie of ours with a great message.   Bill's sister messaged me for prayer.  They are having awful winds in Kansas, 100 mph recorded in Russell where she lives, and Bill's other sister lives not far from her.  Nieces and nephews are there too.  She said many homes were burning and the firefighters couldn't get them under control because of the winds.  There are grass fires too.  I put it on our church prayer page.  Praying for all there to be safe and no tornados.     
 

1 comment:

Vikki's Blog said...

It was fun making snowflakes with you. Wow I didn't see anything about the fires, didn't even see your post on the church page. I will definitely be praying, that is so horrible!