Monday, December 27, 2021

Monday, 12/27/21, Quiet day at home, End of year dinner with Pastor Ken, Joan, Elders and wives

Woke up to 2 inches of snow....beautiful outside

Eli, Jacob and Adam cutting Christmas cookies out at their house last week.  I borrowed these from Kimmy's blog because they were so cute



I was surprised to see it had snowed when I got up this morning.  About 2 inches and so white and beautiful.  Bill had therapy at the VA.  I heard the snowblower going when he got home.  He started the driveway before he even came in the house.  I texted with Adam and Kimmy in the morning and found out when they were leaving for Indiana.  I was happy to get texts along the way and then another when they got there.  I sure am going to miss them.  Talked to Melissa for a while.  Did my morning reading and prayer time.  Put on wonderful worship music.  In the evening, I got receipts for things I need to return.  I received Kenzie's gift I ordered her in the mail today.  Two of them arrived.  I had looked to see why her first one didn't come when they said, and saw on their web site that the order was cancelled.  It was only two days before we were celebrating, so too late to order anything else.  I decided to order the item again and this time could order it in purple like she wanted.  Last time I ordered pink because purple was unavailable.  Well the two that arrived today were both blue.  Go figure!  I will be going to Walmart to return them tomorrow.  Hopefully they have one in the store now and I can get purple or pink.  Otherwise, Kenzie said she will take the blue.  Bill and I went to dinner with Pastor, Joan and the elders and wives at Sullivans.  We had such a nice time and it was so good to get together.  This is a tradition we do every year, but we couldn't last year.  Such wonderful people who love the Lord who make such a great team.  I formatted one of my Christmas DVD's and then watched it on TV.  Love seeing our Christmas again and enjoying everyone together.

No comments: