Friday, December 24, 2021

Fri, 12/24/21....Chirstmas Eve.....Had our Family Christmas Party!!!

My favorite ornament...so true...The Glory be Thine Oh Lord!


 
      





















































\




























Melissa sent me these pictures of them enjoying their early Christmas Present of Cocoa Bombs made by the Laux family I ordered for them. She said they are delicious



It took a really long time to put all of these pictures in order as the computer put them all mixed up.  I will have to write about the day tomorrow as it is 1:56 a.m.  Nite Nite!

We celebrated our Christmas on Christmas Eve.  Vikki and family got here at 9 and the rest came later.  We had hickory stick, cheese, crackers, veggies and dip, butterhorns, Chocolate crinkle cookies, Christmas cut out cookies, and candy I had made.  Kenzie brought chocolate covered strawberries that were delicious.  Thanks Kenzie!  Love you!  We started with the youngest and had each one open their gifts ending with Papa and Nana.   It was so fun watching everyone open.  At 11, we stopped and went to the garage so the kids could do their gift exchange.  Bill read Luke 2 first, then each one took their turn giving gifts.  Such great gifts and loving kids.  Then we all gave Bill his garage door opener we went in on.  He was very happy.  (I'm happy too because it is going to be very nice for me also.) Kimmy and Vikki were able to hug Melissa for the first time since Covid started.  This was so touching to our hearts.  You can sure see the love in the pictures.  I got another hug too, but I have been blessed with a few now.  They are sure more special than ever now though.  After Melissa and family left, we went back in and Bill and I opened our gifts. Everyone giving gifts today was so thoughtful of what they picked out for each person.  I got a box of pancake mix from Peyton and Isaac...I looked for a gift card taped to the box but there wasn't any.  Bill had one taped to his cereal box.  Vikki said it was pancake mix, so I went to sit it down...then she said not really.  There were four collapsible funnels in it.  Then Bill wrapped a chainsaw box.  Between him and Jared, they said very convincingly that it was a chainsaw.  We all had a laugh and I set it aside.  Then Bill said I should open it. It was loaded with gifts that were all wrapped.  Bill outdid himself.  Another good laugh was had.  I really laughed when I watched the video a few days later.  I love watching the video and seeing everyone open their gifts again.  Anyway I got very nice gifts.  Kimmy and Jared mashed the potatoes, Kenzie made the gravy, Bill carved the turkey, I warmed the rolls and we all sat everything on the table.  Then Charlie and Sue came and Bill prayed and we ate.
We had to wait for dessert because we were all too full.  Jared, Bill, Charlie and Sue played Euchre.  Kimmy, Vikki, Jacob, Peyton and I played 3-13.  We didn't finish the game, but Jacob was in first place.  We had our dessert.  Kimmy brought yummy apple pie.  Vikki brought yummy jello, Kenzie brought chocolate covered strawberries and we had the pie I made and the banana cream pudding dessert.  Lots of choices!  We watched our Christmas Eve church service online at 6.  Rody got it on the TV for us.  It was so good.  We packed up left overs for everyone except Vikki and family.  They always come over for left over day which is our tradition. What a great Christmas.  I am so thankful for Jesus and so thankful for the family He blessed me with!

2 comments:

Lela Russell said...

Great pictures. They say a whole lot without words. I remember so well Bill's excitement at that first grandson. Now look how many children have come after that. A whole garage full!!!!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

You are so right! Multiplication has sure taken place! Blessings from the Lord!