Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday, 3/11/22, Made homemade bread and egg salad, Went to Sam's Club, Went to the Home Store, Stopped at New Coffee shop, but it was already closed

 

We got snow this morning, so I surprised Bill and shoveled both decks and the sidewalk.  The snow was so packable, it stuck to my boots and was thick and ice like.  I almost fell once, but was super careful after that.  Hard to walk with heavy snow clinging to my boots weighing me down.
Received a package from Walmart this morning.  First time I received an email with a picture of something delivered on our porch.  Our church made a baby/preschool registry up because we have so many kids in that age group, they are making it available for anyone in our church to buy an item/items off the list.  Such a great idea to get things needed and all share in the cost and the fun.  
Beautiful sunset Hailey sent me in a text.  There were just grey clouds here tonight, so I really appreciated seeing this.

Bill went to coffee with Charlie today.  I had coffee and oatmeal here, spent time reading and praying.  I read Kenzie's post on FaceBook about how their car slid on icy roads and almost flipped and they ended up in a ditch, but God spared their lives, spared them from hitting trees and guardrails which were all along there, but not where they slid off,  and also gave Travis the ability to drive skillfully.  They also had another close call.  She said someone is looking out for them....we know that someone is God.  I sure have been thanking Him.  So thankful they were both ok and also thankful for the car being ok.  I got bread started in the bread maker and made egg salad.  When Bill got home and finished his reading time, we went to Sam's Club to get some things.  Got some blueberry muffins for when the boys are here too.  We stopped at the Home Store to look for curtain rods we want, but they didn't have and double ones.  Bill wanted to get a new bedspread set, so we looked and found one we both liked.  I always loved my one we have and haven't got tired of it.  This one looks nice, but I'm waiting to see if the wrinkles come out.  I steamed the pillow shams and put the bedspread in the dryer on low.  Some wrinkles came out, but it was so crammed in, not many came out.  My upstairs one was wrinkled and after about 2 months now, they are out.  

We stopped at the new Creations Coffee Shop, but they had just closed.  We saw that Rody was there yesterday, so we wanted to try it out.  We just headed for home and will try it a different time.  

When we got home, my bread was done and nice and warm.  I sliced it and we made egg salad sandwiches.  Yum!  So good.  We had a relaxing evening together.  Texted with Adam who told me he had a kitchen fire.  Then he explained that it was the burgers that caught fire and everything was ok.  He sure made me nervous until I heard his explanation.  Talked and texted with Kimmy, Melissa and Vikki. 



No comments: