Thursday, March 17, 2022

Thurs., 3/17/22, Had breakfast with Kimmy and Vikki, Melissa, Bruce, Max, Jack and Evan brought a birthday cake and celebrated my birthday

 

Breakfast picture of Vikki, me and Kimmy at Bob Evans this morning

Me with my birthday cake Bruce and Melissa made and brought me
Max, me, Evan and Jack

Melissa cut the cake, dipped the ice cream, served me first, than served everyone else.  She wouldn't let me help because I was the birthday girl

Everybody enjoying their cake and ice cream....Brill, Jack, Evan, Melissa, Bruce and Max.  Hailey is on her Music Tour and is in Wisconsin today

Max loved Kit Kat and was so good with her
Evan loved playing with Kit Kat
He was really good with Kit Kat too
Jack and Evan loved roller blading in the basement
Evan
Playing Air Hockey
Papa and Jack playing ping pong

Saw lots of robins today...the first ones of the year here


What a great day it was today.  I got a wake up call from Vikki inviting me to come to Bob Evans to meet her and Kimmy for Cappuccinos.  We decided to have breakfast too.  It was so nice and so much fun.  The cappuccinos were delicious as well as breakfast.  Free refills on our cappuccinos so that was nice.  Kimmy had to pick up Jacob from Delta, so she had to leave.  Vikki and I went to Goodwill and walked around.  I found some measuring cups with sizes in need that I didn't have.  Vikki found a pair of nice legging pants that looked really comfy.  When she got home and tried them on she said they were and she wanted to try to find more.  I came home and started cleaning the house.  Bill went with Charlie to look for a vehicle with him.  I had the house cleaned except for mopping the floor when he got home.  We sat and read our Bibles and did our praying, then I finished cleaning.  I talked to Melissa at noon for a while.  

At 4, Melissa, Bruce, Max, Jack and Evan came to visit and brought me a Birthday Cake.  Bruce baked it for me.  Max smiled big at me when he walked up the side walk and I looked out the door at him.  They all came in and I got a big hug from Evan, Jack, Melissa, and a stiff hug from Max, and hugged Bruce.   They even brought paper plates and plastic silverware so I wouldn't have any dirty dishes.  So thoughtful and sweet!  We all went out to the shed to look at Papa's new central vacuum system he put in himself.  It is pretty cool!  I will have to take a picture sometime.  He gave Max lots of nickles to look up to see if any are valuable.  He told him they would split it if they made big money.  Max was pretty happy about that.  

Evan went with Melissa and picked out a package of balloon birthday plates for me so we could have pretty plates for my birthday.  She had some picked out but he knew Nana would like the balloon ones.  They sure were pretty too!  So sweet of him.  Jack and Evan went downstairs and were so excited because they haven't been in the house since Covid started.  They loved playing air hockey and roller blading around the basement.  Max had fun with the cat.  They all sang Happy Birthday to me, then Melissa cut the cake and served it.  The cake was delicious!!!  Thank you Bruce!  We took some pictures, then went into the living room so I could open my gift.  I got the sweetest cards from each of them.  This year Max wanted to buy one.  He picked out a funny one and wrote a joke in it.  I love how he signed it so sweetly.  The other boys made me such nice cards.  Melissa always picks out such meaningful cards with words that say just how she feels.  They are always so sweet.  I am very blessed!  I loved the top they got me.  Melissa, Bruce, Max, Bill and I sat in the living room visiting.  We talked with Max about our wonderful trip with him to Montana.  He wants to go back there and have his family see it.  He was smiling and we sure enjoyed our time and our memories.  After about an hour, Bruce took Max home because he had a lab appt. today and so he had to go home and work on school work online to catch up.  I sure could tell he loved being here.  He gave me a big loving hug before he left, and then went to find papa to give him a big hug too.  

Melissa, Jack and I went to pick up pizza and breadsticks at Little Caesars and a small pizza from Hungry Howie's for Bill with no cheese.  It was really good pizza.  The boys rollerbladed some more.  Evan spent lots of time playing with Kit Kat while Papa and Jack played ping pong.   Evan gave me a wonderful massage on my back and arms.  Melissa showed me how God is healing her of her foot drop.  She can move her ankles now and lift up her feet.  So much answered prayer God has done for us.  At 7:50, I took them home because the boys had another school lesson to do too.  What a great time and what great kids!  Now tomorrow I get to do this all over again with Kimmy and Vikki and their families.  God is good!

No comments: