Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sunday, 3/27/22, Went to church, Bill's truck wouldn't start, went to Olive Garden with Vicki and kids, Went to Community Prayer

 

Iain loves Olive Garden Bread sticks.  He sure eats lots of them.  We always tease him.
Iain and Meredith enjoying their food. I had both of them in my K-1 Sunday School class.  They sure grew up fast.
Vicki and her family sure are special to us.  We were sad that it's our first time there without Kevin, but we had a lot of memories of being there with him which helped 
Love this friend so much!

Got ready for church and then read my Bible and prayed.  I left for church earlier than Bill, because we both had to drive and my prayer group starts earlier than when the elders pray for pastor.  I got in the door of the church,  pastor's little grandson who is in my Sunday School group showed me a funny trick where he offered me a piece of candy, took the top of the container and a big long spiral thing jumped out.  He thought it was pretty funny that he scared me.  His Nana Joan was there watching and so was Lisa.  We talked for a couple of minutes and then I headed back to prayer.  On my way, my phone rang.  I usually turn it off before going into church, so it's a good thing I left it on so I could hear it.  Bill called and needed me to come back home to pick him up because his truck wouldn't start.  I walked in to the prayer room and let them know I wouldn't be able to stay.  I got home, and Bill got in and I drove back to church.  He had the battery charger plugged into the truck.  I just went into the sanctuary and sat down, then Hailey came and sat next to me, then Vikki, Rody and the twins got there and sat by us.   Bill was supposed to go to our CMA chapter in Caro, and I was supposed to be at community prayer a the same time today, so he said he was going to ride his motorcycle.  No way did I want him riding in this cold, mid 20's and very windy.  I talked to Vikki and she said we could come pick her car up and I could use it.  I was so thankful and happy.

Loved the second and third songs we sang for worship.  Great message from Pastor Ken.  Bill's sister's Angie and Debbie watch every week on line.  Angie has since two years ago and Debbie started last month.  Vikki worked back with the kids today.  

After church, we came home to see if the truck would start, but it wouldn't.  We headed to Vikki's to get her car, then we had to meet Vicki, Meredith and Iain at Olive Garden.  We had told her we were going to treat them to dinner there, so for my birthday she surprised me with a $75 gift card to Olive Garden.  I tried to give it back, but she wouldn't let me, so we used it today.  We had such a nice time.  The kids were so sweet and it was so nice to hear what they've been doing.  We all enjoyed our time together.  The food was delicious and we had the best waiter.  We weren't in a busy area so that was good too.  Bill left to go to Caro, and I left to go to Community Prayer which was at our church today.  My friend, Mary Jane had asked me to lead a group in a prayer circle.  We worshiped first then, broke into two groups.   Those in my group were so sweet and all had great things on their heart to pray for.  Kris was in my group too which was nice.  She came in case she was needed to lead a group too.  She's always a great encourager.  After prayer, I headed to Vikki's.  She gave me an orange cream soda which tasted so good.  I got my hugs from the kids, looked at Vikki's plants which are doing great, and checked out the bird's cage and the nesting box Vikki attached.  We sat and visited with Vikki and Today, and enjoyed our pop.  Bill got there shortly after and visited until my pop was gone.  We were going to drop Peyton off to her friend's grandma's down the road, but her grandma came and picked Peyton up.  We stopped at Sam's on our way home, and Bill filled my car with gas.  My best friend, Vikki's birthday is today, and she texted me to let me know she is still coming tomorrow and will meet me at Zhenders for our free birthday family style chicken dinners.  This makes me so happy since I've only got to see her once since covid started.  We were used to meeting every month.  She said she's just as happy.  I am so looking forward to tomorrow.  Texted with Hailey, Adam and Eli.  Talked a couple of times with Melissa.  



2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

I’m giving you your $10 back by the way!!!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

NO YOU AREN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!