Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tues., 3/29/22, Kimmy and the boys came over and Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came over. Spring Break joy!

 

Max is watching Mylee for Kenzie.  She sure is staying at the right place!  Life of luxury for this sweet dog.  They always love the dogs they watch.
Max taking Mylee for a walk
Jack, Mylee and Evan


Evan, Mylee and Jack 
Isaac
Jacob
Adam and Peyton
Papa let Jacob, Peyton and Adam go up on the roof.  Jacob fixed a piece of loose siding for him.  
Peyton said she was bored, so Papa took her outside with him.  She helped him pick up some sticks and they burned them
Peyton learned to play Sequence today.  She did great.


Jacob, me, Adam, Vikki and Peyton playing Sequence...Kimmy played too, but took the picture

I got up at 6:30 and noticed a light on in the living room.  Bill was up reading his Bible.  I stayed up and cleaned the kernel burner.  It's always a good feeling when that job is done and the fire is going again.  I didn't eat breakfast because I picked up muffins from Sam's Club for when everybody came today.  I had a pot of coffee going for when they got here too.

Bill took the garbage out, and I played with Kit Kat while he did that.  He had an appointment to get his glasses fixed at 8 a.m at the VA.  Everyone got here around 10.  We played 3 games of Sequence.  Jacob, Adam and Peyton were on one team and Vikki, Kimmy and I were on the other team.  Vikki talked across the table once and so Adam took one of my cards away.  That didn't seem fair when Vikki was the one talking.  Later on I read the directions and he was supposed to take a card from each of us.  That would have been far worse.  I sure won't be talking across the table when we play.  We ate turkey sandwiches for lunch with doritos, and some of us ate strawberries I mashed up today.  The kids liked the oreos and muffins for their dessert.  

Adam, Peyton and I started playing Skip Bo, but Peyton went outside with Papa, so Kimmy took her place.  Adam really likes that game.  He won....I wonder why he likes it????  While we played, Adam, Peyton and I had root beer floats.  Eli and Isaac had their root beer floats in the basement.  

We watched the rest of Ann of Green Gables, while Kimmy and Adam helped Peyton understand how to play Sequence better.  After that, we moved to the family room and visited for a while, then played Phase 10.  Vikki was the big winner of that.  

Jacob brought in some wood pellets for me and dumped them in the buckets.  He's a great help always.  I fed the birds today.  It was cold, but not as bad in the sun.  Kimmy and Peyton came out and then Adam came out in his shortsleeve shirt and shorts.  He said it was warm.   Brrrrrr!  

In the evening I went to Kroger to get some Cinnamon Toast Crunch for Eli when he spends the night.   Kimmy said it was his favorite.  I downloaded the digital coupon and got the big box for 1.79.  Yay!  I wasn't expecting to get them for that cheap.  I am so excited to have Eli and Jack spend the night tomorrow night.  Now they will both have their favorite cereals and can take the left over boxes home.  Eli told me he was excited to spend the night when he was here today, and Jack texted me for a long time and told me he can't wait.  



2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

I’m glad we played that game, we came home and realized we have the game, so Peyton and I played it.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Nice to have the kids know how to play a variety of games.