Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sat. 1/28/23, We celebrated the Schaard Christmas today at our house. Lots of fun!


Peyton did so good braiding different ways 
Me by my charcuterie board I made for the party

Peyton and I
Adam, Evan, Jack, Isaac, Max in front row
Jacob, Hailey, Aunt Debbie, Kenzie, Peyton in 2nd row, Eli in back holding their 2022 ornaments from Aunt Debbie
Jacob with his graduation ornament from Aunt Debbie 
Isaac, Aunt Debbie, and Peyton with their Twin ornaments she got them
Hailey, Max, Debbie and Tom
Vikki and Mykenzie
Debbie, Bill (with the Military wreath Debbie had made for him) and me

 
Tom, Kenzie, Matthew and Debbie
Vikki, Debbie and Kenzie
Papa and Kenzie
Isaac and Kenzie
Isaac, Peyton, Kenzie and Aunt Debbie
Kimmy, Vikki, Debbie and Melissa
 
Kenzie with Kit Kat
Shelf Vikki helped me make and hung for me last night after she and her sisters helped me take our Christmas tree down.

Got up early to get food going and everything ready for the party.  We read our Bibles and devotions.  Vikki came early because she had a call from someone who wanted to buy the paddle boat she found and we picked up down our road for her last summer.  Kimmy and her family got here next, and Melissa and her family got here at the same time.  Debbie, Tom and Matthew came and then Kenzie.  The kids opened their ornaments from Aunt Debbie, then Debbie gave us a beautiful ornament with all the kids and grandkids names on it.  She also gave Bill a Military wreath she had made especially for him.  That made him happy.  Vikki took pictures afterward.  

We got the food on the table, and the person came to buy the paddleboat.  Bill, Jacob and Adam and Vikki went out to take care of it and load it.  We waited to pray until they got in.  I said a prayer with Hailey, so she could eat quick as she had to leave at 4.  Everyone came in from outside, and the rest of us prayed together.  We all ate and then visited afterward.  It was so much fun hanging out together.  We ate dessert later on.  Shani and Steve didn't come because they were getting over colds and also have a new puppy they didn't want to leave for a long time.  Amanda had to work 16 hours, so she didn't make it.  We were getting a snow storm and they said we could get 7 or 8 inches, so Kenzie headed home.  A little later Debbie and family started to get ready to head home.  I noticed a bag of food with a pop on the stairs and asked Debbie if it was hers.  She said no, she had hers in the car.  I remembered Kenzie packed leftovers for Travis and put a pop in it for him.  Vikki called her and she came back to get it.  She didn't stay long because she had a long way to go home.  The other girls wanted to take me tree down.  I told them no, and that they should get going because of the snow storm.  They insisted, so the boys hauled the boxes for ornaments downstairs and we girls and Jared took the tree down.  The girls laughed when they saw I had the boxes the ornaments came in and had written on each box what ornament it was and who it was from.  It took extra time, but they were blessings and actually enjoyed seeing the ornament and knowing who gave it to me.  So funny.  Jared did an amazing job in the back of the tree finding ornaments we read off.  It was great teamwork with amazing people I love.  So thankful they did that for me.  They even took the boxes upstairs and moved our furniture back where it was before the tree was put up.  Rody helped us do that.  Thanks everyone for all your amazing help and love.  Kimmy, Jared and the boys left.  Rody and Isaac left.  Vikki, Peyton, Melissa, Jack and Evan hung out longer and visited.  Jack cleaned the windows off the van and car.  There was about 5 inches.  Melissa and family and Vikki and Peyton headed out.  Everyone let me know when they were home.  I was happy to hear they were safe and sound.  I emptied the dishwasher and put some things away, then sat down with Bill for a while.   I went through the pictures Vikki took, but didn't do my blog.  I will do two tomorrow.  Such a fun day with my wonderful family God has blessed me with.




No comments: