Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday, 1/30/23, Put all the Christmas decorations away, Very cold day!!! 6 degree low, tomorrow will be colder at -2,

I was doing my inductive Bible Study for my class and all of a sudden, the wind blew so hard, the snow came flying at the windows and you could hardly see out of them they were so wet.  The sun came out just then and they were so pretty and sparkly.
This is our new spot for Bill's Marine wreath Debbie had made for him.  I couldn't stand not seeing out the front door window.  I like to check the flag to see which way and how hard the wind is blowing.  
I made a yummy pot pie tonight.  Got the recipe online and tweeted it a little.  Bill said it was really good and I thought so too.  Will be making that again!
Christmas decorations are gone and regular things are back in place.  I sure am glad the girls helped me with the tree, or I would still be working at getting this all done.

Bill went to meet Charlie for coffee.  I started bringing totes down and then packed some Christmas decorations away.  I made a coffee after I saw Bill making a coffee.  Then I had my oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries. I got back to work after that, and Bill went outside and snow blowed the driveway and sidewalks again.  

Kit Kat was scratching at the door because she wanted in.  She does that a lot.  I yelled no at her and got the spray bottle so she would know to stop.  Later on, I looked at the temperature and felt sorry for her.  I didn't know it was that cold out.  Poor Kitty.  I didn't see her the rest of the day or night.  I hope she is in a warm spot.  I wanted her to be in her house.  She did this the last time we had a frigid cold spell.  Hope she comes to eat in the morning like usual.  

I talked to Melissa, and she told me Evan threw up in the middle of the night a lot.  She had quite the mess to clean up.  Poor Evan and poor Melissa.  He threw up some more in the morning.  Later in the afternoon, she called me to tell me that he had gone a long time without throwing up and was asking for food.  I was so happy to hear that.  He was happy he had 9 people praying for him in the morning.  He's so cute and such a praying kiddo.  

I made a pot pie for us for dinner.  Right as soon as I took it out of the oven, Rody called Bill and wanted him to come meet him at the car dealership to look at a car.  He left and said he would eat when he got home.  Rody ended up getting the car he wanted and got a good deal.  Bill gave him some good wheeler dealer advise.  I talked to Vikki a few times while he was gone.  

He came home and ate some of the pot pie and said it was really good.  He ate a piece and a half.  I did too.  I go to a periodontist tomorrow so he can look at a tooth that's been giving me some problems.  It feels fine right now, but it bugged me for 3 weeks.  It's the gum, not the tooth, therefore my dentist is sending me there.  Praying for a good report.  Maddy is going to her cardiologist tomorrow.  We are praying for each other.  In the evening, Bill and I watched a good movie, Singing with Angels.  We actually turned the kernel burner on at about 9:30 tonight because with the cold temperatures and the wind it wouldn't heat our big house and keep it warm enough all through.  

 

No comments: