Thursday, January 12, 2023

Thursday, 1/12/23, Left at 5 a.m. for Iowa

Kit Kat when she was little 
Crossing the Mississippi River 
Bill in front of where you go in for Chic Fil A
Chic Fil A we went to. I forgot to take one with us in it

Picture I took at the Pizza Ranch
Bill wanted to see ale a picture of me there.  Ready or not he’s taking it lol
Isaac with a pig balloon he had made for Peyton when they ate at Leo’s

Peyton either her Goldendoodle balloon

I got up at 3:30 a.m.  We got ready, packed the last minute things and then left at 5.  Bill drove the first 200+ miles.  He drove while it was dark.  I drove the next 200+ miles.  I ended up getting in lots of traffic when we got close to Chicago.  The GPS told me to get off on the exit to the right and then stay left.  This was on a curve with two packed fast moving lanes and immediately after she said stay left she said now go right.  There was no getting over in that traffic.  We were rerouted.  By that time dad asked if I wanted him to drive.  I said yes, but there’s no place to pull off.  Our grand finale was when the directions were to exit and I was and dad had looked at his phone and said no stay on the one we’re in, it’s shorter.  I just had room to get back on in front of a Semi.  I drove another 80 miles in light traffic.  We stopped for gas and Bill drove the rest of the way.  Bill spotted a billboard for Chic Fil A.  He told me to Google where it was.  I did, so we got off two exits later.  My directions took me to where it said it was, but we didn’t see it.  I wanted to go back and see if it was close.  He saw a flag on the car GPS so wanted to see if that was it.  It took us about six miles away and there were only apartments.  We ended up going back to where my phone were waiting for our food and a guy saw dad’s CMA patch and came up to us and started talking to us.  He was a CMA member.  We told him we were going to the conference in Newton and he asked us if we would pray with some people there for him and his family.  His 4 yr old grandson who was very healthy, just die from cancer after being diagnosed 7 weeks ago.  It was so sad.  He was close to tears.  We prayed for him and his family right there.  And will pray with our prayer partners here tomorrow.  His family are all believers so he was thankful they will see him again someday.  

We ate our food which was yummy.  We got to our hotel about 2:30.  Relaxed for a while, then met Al, Lucy, Sue, Doug, Jeff, at the Pizza Ranch.  It was a fun get together and good pizza.  We went to the church after that to set up our Michigan table and then went into worship and heard a great message.  Jared and Jennifer McPherson from National Leadership we’re there which was so nice.  We walked through goodies afterwards and then came back to our motel.  Talked to Melissa, Kimmy and Vikki today.  Adam had his MRI today so praying for good results and answers regarding what to do to help him. He texted me and said it went good.  I’m so glad.  I sure love my Adam. 




No comments: