Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sunday, 1/8/23, Went to prayer, church and taught Sunday School, Melissa, Evan and Jack came over

Jack, Evan, Melissa and I played Skip Bo partners...Melissa and Jack won!
Melissa making snickerdoodle cookies

We went to prayer before church, then worshipped, then Vikki and I taught Sunday School.  After church, we went to Olive Garden with James and Diane and her son, his fiancĂ© , her 8 year old daughter and his 15 year old daughter.  Diane treated us all.  We were happy to meet John's fiancĂ© and her daughter.  We talked about Jesus and had good conversation.  The food was delicious.  John works for Dow and knows Jared.  

When we got home, Melissa, Jack and Evan came over to visit.  The boys played lots of ping pong with Papa and Melissa and I made snickerdoodle cookies.  We are taking some to Charlie and Sue tomorrow.  Bill requested the kind of cookies.  Melissa had to drive me to get some Cream of Tarter because I didn't have any in my spice cupboard.  We had fun making them together, and they sure tasted yummy.  The boys and Bill sure were excited to eat some.  I loved using my new cookie sheets to make them.  I sent Stacie a picture.

When the boys finished playing their second round of ping pong, they came up and Melissa, Jack, Evan and I played Skip Bo partners.  It was a close game, but Jack and Melissa won.  We sure had fun.  We snacked on cashews and M & M's while we played.  Vader came and he was so sweet and is such a good dog.  I loved getting to pet him so much.  

I spackled in a couple more places upstairs on the bathroom door.  I touched up where I spackled last night in the grey bedroom.  I also touched up the window sills where they needed it.  With Melissa here, we didn't go get the other curtain rod we need.  We will do it tomorrow.  After they left, we Vikki called and said the Chosen Episode tonight was amazing, so we watched it and it sure was.  Made us cry!  They sure did an amazing job writing and acting in this episode.  




 

No comments: