Saturday, January 21, 2023

Saturday, 1/21/23, Went to Marine Corp Breakfast, Went to Kroger, Took Eli to Vikki, Went to chili cookout, Wes and Gayla came over

This is the picture of the ornament Adam sent me lol!
Bill showing Brielle off at the Marine Corp. League Breakfast
Brielle, me, Maddy and Alec
Maddy, Me and Brielle
Cindy, Yolanda, Sabrina, me, Barb, Elaine and Ron
Our group picture at the Chili Cook Off at Michelle and Jerdon's



We went to breakfast at Riverside for the Marine Corp League breakfast.  Maddy and Alec met us there.  Breakfast was good, but we tried not to eat too much because we have to be at the chili cookout at noon.  Bill got out of the car when we got home, and I left to go to Kroger to get Eli's birthday gift for his friend Lane.  I picked up an X Box card Kimmy wanted to get for him.  I was happy Kroger had it.  I headed home.  The boys were just getting up.  Eli had about 20 minutes to get ready and Adam didn't have much time either.  Bill took the chili and headed to the chili cookoff.  I packed up a blueberry muffin for Eli and he got a drink to go.  I was driving separate and taking Eli, so we could spend an hour at the chili cookout and then I could take him to Lane's birthday party.  While we were driving, when we were almost ready to get on the expressway, Kimmy called and said they would be back in time to pick up Eli and take him to the party.  She caught us just in time.  We headed to Vikki's and I dropped Eli off at an estate sale by her house they were at.  I made it to the chili dinner at 12:02.  Claire's family picked up Adam and took him to Frankenmuth to celebrate her 16th birthday.  He got her a Squish mallow and she loved.  He took this picture of an I Love Lucy ornament and sent it to me while he was at Bronner's.  We had a great time at the chili cook off, trying all of the chili and eating dessert afterward.  $500 was raised for Run for the Son.  We got home around 2:30 and Adam to our house shortly afterward.  Kimmy and Jared were in Bay City, so came to pick him up.  I offered to take him home, but they said it was only 5 minutes out of their way.  I dished him up a bowl of chili and he at that and then had some Oreos.  He told me his mom would have to make chili more often.  

We called my niece, Tammy, and wished her a happy birthday.  She said it was the call she has been waiting for.  I call her every year on her birthday   Wes and Gayla came at about 5 and we had chili and then had banana cream pie for dessert.  We played our new card game after that.  I won both games.  That's the first I've won.  We gave Gayla her card and part of her birthday present.  We also ordered her a Sky jo card game, that was supposed to come today, but they changed it and now it will be coming tomorrow.  They really liked playing the game so will be happy to have one at there house to play.   We sure had fun and a good time catching up.  

 

No comments: