Monday, May 29, 2023

Monday, 5/29/23, Remembering those who fought for our freedom, went to see Jacob in the Sanford Parade, the girls and families came over and we had a cookout

Kimmy took a picture of me when Jacob's marching band was in the background coming
Jacob always does an outstanding job in the marching band 
The band was the b best part of the parade!  Jacob is 4th from the back on the closest side
He does the moves so gracefully and has fun while he does it


Jacob’s last time playing with the marching band in the Sanford parade


Jared and Eli at the parade
Jacob and me after the parade.  He was very thirsty afterward.  It was 84 degrees out during this parade
Peyton
Adam
Eli and his classmates working on a school wood shop project making CO2 cars



Rody and Peyton
Bill grilling
Rody looks pretty happy
The food line
Eli, Evan and Jack hanging out before we ate
Patient group waiting to get in the food line




Jacob opening his Birthday Card from us

Hailey's cabin.  She got moved in today for her summer job at Spring Hill 

I watered a few with plants with the sprinkler this morning early.  Made some iced coffee and had my oatmeal.  Got some things ready for when the kids and grandkids come today.  The boys are going to help Bill get the air conditioner and Eli is bringing two friends over to work on a school wood shop project.  I got ready and went to meet Kimmy, Jared and Eli in Sanford to ride to the parade with them.  This is Jacob's last time in it.  I decided to just make potatoes on the grill today instead of potato salad because I wanted to see him in it.  It was a last minute idea to get together or I would have made the potato salad yesterday.  Hailey had to leave to go to camp where she will work for the summer.  Jacob did amazing in the parade.  I always love watching him march besides listening to him play.  The band was the best part of the parade!  They all did great!

Kimmy and Jared took me back to my car, and I headed home.  I made some brownies, then peeled and cut up the potatoes.  Vikki and Peyton got here.  Later Kimmy and her crew came, then Rody and Isaac.  Melissa, Jack and Evan got here right as it was time to eat which was nice.  Bruce came later after he went to get some stuff from a garage sale.  We all enjoyed spending time on the deck visiting and relaxing.  It was cool out on the deck, even though it was hot outside today.  We prayed and then got our food and went outside to eat.  The younger kids ate in the basement.  Kimmy and Jared had to have Eli's friends home by 8, so they left first.  Vikki and Peyton left next because of having school tomorrow.  Rody and Isaac were next.  Bill and Jack took an electric bike Bill gave Rody over to his house for him.  They came back and played ping pong.  I will have to add those picture tomorrow.  Melissa and I just enjoyed relaxing, talking and we also spent some time praying.  

Read my Bible, then read on my book.  



No comments: