Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Thursday, 5/11/23, Camping in Cadillac, beautiful 78 degree day, lots of outside visiting and a campfire in the evening at Jeff and Kathy’s campsite

Bill by our camper
                  Me by at the edge of our campsite 

View from our window 
Selfie of us
Bill, Dave, Chrissy, Sue and Doug
Kathy and Jeff
Kathy, Jeff, Jeff A., Lisa , me and then the group listed above next to where Bill was sitting.
Brielle on the dolphin at the zoo.  Lots of our kids and grandkids have hat their picture taken on the zoo dolphin. So happy Maddy sent this to me.

 Got up super early so I could shower before going on our camping trip.  I think I’m allergic to our electric blanket and that’s what’s causing my horrible rash.  I pushed it aside last night in the middle of the night because I started thinking that we just got it before I got the rash.  I went to sleep after itching really awful and washing my back with warm water.  I slept better and wasn’t itchy in the morning.  I looked up on Amazon and we got the new electric blanket on 1/31/23, my rash started 2/1/23.  It was 3 weeks before my wellness check with my dr.  I wondered why it was worse at night and even got rid of a pillow because I thought it might be what I was allergic to.  Today we took that blanket off for good.  I’m praying that’s what it is.  I almost sent the blanket back when it came because it felt like wool even though it said 100% polyester.

We left at 10:15 and headed to Cadillac.  I made sure I told Kit Kat goodbye outside.   Don’t want her locked in anywhere lol. Staying at Billings Lake Campground.  It’s really nice here.  We had a tiny corner spot but even with Angling our camper it didn’t fit right.  It was very uneven ground too.  Kathy took us to the office on her golf cart.  Chrissy came too.  The office girl gave us a list of available spots we could move to.  We moved to a beautiful grassy big lot so we’re very happy about that.

Jeff and Dave helped Bill set up the outside stuff.  We went and hung out at Dave and Chrissy’s campsite when we had everything done.  Kathy and Jeff came later, then Doug and Sue came.

Everyone when to their campers to eat. We ate spaghetti in our camper.  Then we all went to Jeff and Kathy’s for a campfire.  We came back and played 3-13.  Bill won, -7 to 11.  It was a close game.  For a long time I was behind by 50 points so I at least made a good comeback.  

No comments: