Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Wed., 5/17/23, Walked 2.7 miles, went to lunch with Hailey, took pop cans back, Vikki came over, went to Jacob's last high school band concert, His other grandma and grandpa came too

Hailey, Melissa and I walked this morning



We had a nice lunch at Coco Loco and a fun visit. We had a really nice waiter who brought us more chips and salsa and even sent us home with lemonade and pop to go
Vicki Eagle, Charlie, Sue, Bill, Doug, Lela, Jared and Kimmy in the first row; Hailey, Kenzie, Vikki and Eli in the row behind
The Symphonic Band playing.  Jacob is in 1st chair on left of Mr. Shepherd
Seniors being honored
Jacob's last high school band concert.  They got a standing ovation!   Jacob did amazing and so did all the others.  Mr. Shepherd got a standing ovation too!  He's a great band director! 
Students clapping for Mr. Shepherd...Jacob at end 



I was so happy when Mr. Shepherd called Jacob forward for the Distinguished Musician Award.  I always thought this would happen when I saw the amazing pictures in the entrance of the school of previous students who got this award, because Jacob has such a passion for music and practices so hard, besides having so much talent.  I am so proud of Jacob!


 

All three Distinguished Musician Award winners.  Jonah, Ryan and Jacob.  Amazing musicians!
Jacob and a friend high diving before the award ceremony began
Jacob looking at the award plaques before the awards ceremony


Jacob receiving more awards at the senior music awards after the concert



Nice smile from my Jacob

Nice family picture...Bill, Jared, Lela, Eli, Jacob, me, Hailey, Kimmy and Doug. We are all proud of our Jacob 
A group picture showing Russel brotherly love
Seniors in the band with the band directors
Seniors in the band
Jacob and Mr. Shepherd his band director

Jacob with his student teacher
Talking with Mr. Shepherd afterward


Jacob and Hailey in the Music room

Picture Hailey sent me of Ally and her hanging out together.  I always took pictures of these two growing up when they were at school events or wherever I was with them.  

I did my morning routine, then at noon I went to Melissa's and she, Hailey and I walked 2.7 miles at a fast pace.  I was so amazed to see Melissa be able to do this after all she went through the last few years.  We walked even faster than I do on the treadmill and Melissa kept up perfectly.  I think I was more tired than she was.  She is one amazing girl who has one awesome God.  I told Hailey how happy I was that she started doing this with her mom and they were diligent to keep at it.  We got back at around 1, and Hailey and I went to Coco Loco.  Kenzie texted me and she was at Olive Garden.  She sent me a picture.  I wish I would have known sooner because she could have come with us or we could have went there.  We had a great lunch and an amazing waiter.  After we left there, we went to Meijer to take pop cans back.  Hailey and I have done this for many years now.  So much more fun going with someone who is good company and who is a great helper too.  I went home and did some things around the house and walked around the yard.

In the evening, Hailey and Vikki came over and we all rode together to Jacob's last High School Concert.  Bill drove us.  It was so nice that Jacob's Grandma and Grandpa Russell were able to be there too.  We had quite a group of us.  The jazz band played first while we were waiting for the concert to start.  They sounded amazing.  Then the Symphonic band played and sounded so professional and amazing.  It a most enjoyable concert.  After the concert, they honored the seniors and had them stand.  Mr. Shepherd announced each recipient of the Distinguished Musician Awards, Jacob, Ryan, and Jonah.  We all cheered for Jacob and the others.  Such a great honor and achievement.  They honored Mr. Shepherd after that.  He is an outstanding music director and is in the top 10.  During the concert, they also showed a senior video, which was nice.  After the concert, we went out and had cake and ice cream.  Then we went back into the auditorium for an awards presentation for the Music program.  Jacob got 4 amazing awards.  Gee, we were so happy for him and so proud of him.  He's one great kid!

We took family group pictures and then talked to Mr. Shepherd after that.  Jacob told him about not even wanting to be in band and saying no until his Spanish teacher had all the kids go down and try out some instruments.  Jacob loved the clarinet when he tried it.  The rest is history.  

We got our hugs and said out goodbyes, then headed home.  We stopped at McDonalds on the way home.  I got a cheeseburger an water, Hailey got a double hamburger, Vikki got a large ice tea, Bill got a coke and fries.  Bill asked who wanted the rest of his fries and Hailey was so fast at answering it was unbelievable.  I had to laugh.  Guess it's because she has hungry brothers, so she had to learn to be quick.  

What a fun and enjoyable night we will never forget!  

Jacob, you have talent and have worked hard to accomplish all of this.  Every award was well deserved.  You are such an amazing grandson, and one of the nicest, most respectful kids I know.  I love you always!

Jack and Evan had a concert tonight too.  I felt so bad I had to miss it, but I wanted to be at Jacob's last concert.  I can't wait to watch Melissa's video of them when I see her next.  They are also wonderful, nice and respectful grandsons.





No comments: