Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tues., 5/30/23, Jared's moms surgery day, Went to Vikki's, picked up O ring and pool chemicals, washed lounge chairs, filled pool so Bill could hook up filter, picked up Jack and Evan, Put chemicals in pool

My place to read my Bible in the morning.  So peaceful.

Jack and Evan having drumsticks as an after school treat
 
Jack and Evan relaxing.  They enjoyed telling me about their day at school



Evan...I cut out his dirty feet,  I gave him a blanket.  His feet were black from playing at school.

After putting the two chemicals in the guy at the pool place told me,  the pool turned darker than had been.  Probably because the filter wasn't hooked up and the weather has been so hot.  I shocked it and an hour later this is what it looked like.  Yay!  I love a clear pool.
Just when I think it can't get prettier, it does.
Made us each a fruit bowl
Hailey sent me this picture from camp.  I'm glad she makes friends so fast.  This week is training week, but she get's paid for it which is super nice

  
Bill met Charlie for coffee.  I sat outside and read my Bible.  Did some praying out there too. Jared's mom, Lela, had her surgery today!  I know how much prayers mean and what they do. After I got ready, I went to Vikki's to pick up the thistle seed and suet she is giving me that she has extra of.  So nice of her.  I went to the pool place after that.  They tested our pool water, then he told me what I needed to do.  With the O ring, silicone for it, and Pooltrine 60, the cost came to $37.  When I got home, Bill was mowing the grass.  The pool was almost full to where the pump could be hooked up.  I walked around and looked at my plants.  I saw both butterfly bushes poking through the ground that I had planted last year and the year before.  I thought they weren't coming up, so I was pretty happy.  I put suet in the feeders, and also put thistle seed in the feeders.  I washed off two of the lounge chairs.  It sure did help covering them under the deck with a tarp.  The rain washes leaves, etc. and it gets everything dirty under there.  Last year it was a job washing all the stuff.  This year is easy breezy.d

When Bill was done mowing, we got the pool filter started.  Then I put the first chemical PH increaser in and ran the filter for an hour.  I ate lunch (I ended up too busy to eat breakfast.  That doesn't happen very often, unless I am fasting.  The hour passed quickly with keeping busy.  I put the PoolTrine 60 in next.  The pool kept looking darker instead of lighter.  The guy had told me this would take care of the green, but I think with the hot weather and filter not on for a couple of days, it didn't do the job.  I shocked the pool next and after an hour, it looked clear and beautiful.  Yay!  

I picked Jack and Evan up after school and brought them to our house to spend time.  We had drumsticks when we got here.  Then we just sat and hung out and they told me about their day, and talked about a lot of other things.  We talked about Jesus too.  Evan told me how much he loves memorizing God's Word so it's in his heart.  They try to think of what Jesus would do in circumstances.  I am so proud of these two boys and love them so much.  They are kind and always think about others.  They make good choices.  They ate burgers, hotdogs, and each had a bowl of Cocoa Krispies.  Bill ate burgers and hot dogs with them.  I ate leftover chicken noodle casserole.  Melissa came to pick them up and visited for a while.  Vikki and I talked on the phone a few times today.  Lela texted me and let me know it was a good surgery day.  I sure was thankful to God and happy to hear that.  I am thanking Him and praising Him.  What an awesome God.  She also is helping others who have cancer because it is a teaching hospital.  What a wonderful gift to others.  

Melissa and Jack walked Hailey's route tonight, and almost kept going in an extra circle.  Jack realized it and they headed the right way.  I am glad Melissa is keeping up the walking.  She is just doing amazing.  I am going to walk a couple of times a week with her when I can.

Hailey texted me and sent me a group picture of camp workers where she is. They were playing games already yesterday which was her first day.  She said she is having fun.  I sure do miss her already.  I can't wait to go see her and take her to see where her great grandma and grandpa's cottage was that we went to all the time when I was a kid.  








No comments: