Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thurs., May 18, 2023, HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY ADAM!, We love you so much! Went to celebrate at Kimmy's at 3:30. So much fun celebrating this wonderful grandson!

Happy Birthday Adam!  We love you!  You are a pretty amazing grandson!

My Clematis is growing so fast and is loaded with blossoms already





My Hens and Chicks are growing like crazy too



I repainted this wall today.  When I touched up spots before, I must not have stirred the paint good.  It had lots of shiny spots.  Nice to have those taken care of.
First bird on the feeder Vikki gave me.  Nice house finch

Our 16 year old birthday boy on the deck
Adam going on a bike ride trying his new bike from his mom and dad out for the first time
New walkway Kimmy and Jared made through the garden 
Basil 
Eli loves his kitten, so do I. 
Wyatt..such a wonderful dog
Adam reading his new Garfield book
Adam...we were all singing Happy Birthday to him



Opening his card from us
I don't know how I missed taking a picture of Jacob, but this is the only one I got.  He is in the background with Wyatt

When I told Maddy about all of the awards and scholarships Jacob got, she texted me that she was proud of him.  Then she sent me this picture and said Brielle was proud of him too. She looks pretty happy for him.

It was a nice day, so I walked around in the outside in the morning.  I filled the feeders and jelly jars.  I also hung a new bird feeder Vikki gave me.  Thanks Vik!  I put suet in the suet feeders. Now the birds are all set and I can be a happy birdwatcher.  I sat out and read my Bible and did some praying.  Kit Kat kept me company.  Then I relaxed for a while and watched the birds.  There were lots of birds today.  Loved seeing so many orioles and woodpeckers. 

Did some outside watering and weeding, then came in and got ready to go celebrate Adam's 16th birthday.  We got there and of course Wyatt greeted us.  Everyone but Jacob was outside.  I gave the kids hugs, then Adam went for a ride on his new bike to try it out.  He loved it!  It is a nice blue Trec.  It's so nice that Jared's parents were here for Jacob's music concert and awards assemblies, and now also for Adam's birthday.  We always like spending time with them.  We hung out on the deck for a while, then went inside and had cake and ice cream.  Kimmy made a Minecraft bed cake for Adam.  It turned out so nice.  I guessed it was a bed, and Lela said it was a Minecraft something.  When you put our answers together, we had it.

Adam lit the candles, and then we all sang happy birthday to him.  Kimmy and Jared dished up cake and ice cream for us...they wouldn't let me help.  The cake was delicious and the ice cream was really good.  Adam opened his card.  He wanted money this year.   We stayed until 5:30 when Adam had his soccer practice.  Everyone was leaving except Jacob, when Vikki and the kids pulled in.  We got to say a quick hello, then left.  Vikki had worked, then went to get the air conditioning fixed in her car, so she was pretty tired and wanted to go home, even though Kimmy said she would stay home and visit with her.  Bill stopped to put gas in my car, then we stopped again in Freeland and got a sub.  Vikki called and wanted to know if she could stop at our house and use the bathroom.  She doesn't even need to ask.  I couldn't believe she beat us, then she asked me where we stopped.  I then realized why she beat us lol. It was such a fun day.  

Melissa called in the evening to remind me about the Music Festival tomorrow.  I can't wait! I love my family!

 

No comments: