Monday, May 15, 2023

Sun. 5/15/23, Happy Mother's Day to my girls who are wonderful moms! Left the campground, listened to church service coming home, all the girls and families came over, Charlie, Sue, Maddy, Alec and Brielle came over

Bill by the camper in the morning...all ready to leave
Kimmy, Vikki, me, Melissa and Stacie....my girls who are all amazing moms to their kids,  with their mom
Me and Melissa
Melissa and me in our University Sweatshirts...go Hailey/go Jacob

We called Hailey and Jacob into the room and asked them where they wanted to stand for the picture....Hailey picked by Melissa who was wearing the CMU sweatshirt and Jacob picked by me.  I was wearing the MSU sweatshirt.  We laughed because we knew that's what they would do.
DJ, Bill and Max
Evan, Hailey, Jack, Melissa, Max and Vader

 Bill, Max and Vader
Max giving Vader attention
Stacie, Sue and me...relaxing on Mother's Day
Sweet picture of Charlie and Melissa.  We have been friends and like family for many years.
Peyton and Hailey practicing volleyball
 
They had fun swinging too
Ha ha, I found this board with lots of letters at an estate sale down the road.  They came down to $2 for it, so I bought it.  Jared always changes the letters on my other board, so I thought I would call this my Jared board and just put this one out whenever he comes.  Not much to change, but he still did.  After they left, I went to put the other one I had put on the other side of our bed, back up on the wall.  I couldn't believe it!  Jared had gone in and found it and changed the letters.  I called Kimmy and told her to tell him he was in triple trouble.
Peyton and Rody relaxing
Hailey and Jacob had lots of fun

 
Hailey, Peyton, and Jacob
Ha Ha, these 4 call themselves the "cool cousins"
Jack, Evan, Isaac, Eli, Kody and Peyton....I think these are pretty cool cousins too!

Brielle loved the barnyard all the grandkids but Kenzie played in.
She knew exactly what to do with the toys in it
We didn't think Jared would fit through that little entrance, but he showed us he could.  It sure wasn't easy though.  
Jared is so much fun with Brielle...He has her laughing here......
Evan
Pretty flowers from Maddy, Alec and Brielle.  Such a nice surprise.

We got the camper all set for travel, then we went and told everyone goodbye.  We left at 9:45, and ate chicken salad sandwiches and some snacks for our breakfast on the way. We listened to our church service on the way.  Amazing worship and another awesome message from Pastor Ken.  

We got home at 12 noon.  Vikki and Peyton were hanging out at our house, so they didn't have to go home after church.  I was so happy to see them.  Vikki and I wished each other Happy Mother's Day and gave each other hugs.  I got my big hug from Peyton.  She is well trained. Melissa, Bruce, Hailey, Max, Jack and Evan came.  We wished each other Happy Mothers Day and gave each other hugs.  I gave Max a hug and then got hugs from Hailey, Jack and Evan.   Rody was sweet and picked up our pizza's when he got theirs, so I didn't have to go get them.  Stacie, DJ and Kody were the next to get here.  Kody had big hugs for us as always.   Stacie and I wished each other Happy Mother's Day and gave each other hugs.  28 minutes later, Kimmy, Jared, Jacob, Adam and Eli came.  Kimmy and I wished each other Happy Mother's Day and gave each other hugs, then I got my hugs from Jacob, Adam and Eli.  We sang Happy Birthday to D.J., then we prayed and we all ate our pizzas.  Each family brought the kind of pizza they liked.  I did share my pizza with anyone who wanted some of it.  I had lots of stuff put on it, so those who got more plain pizzas because that's what their kids like, had some of mine.  We had fun just relaxing and visiting.  Later, Charlie and Sue came to visit us.  We relaxed too, and enjoyed talking.  Charlie, Bill, Sue and Jared played some Euchre games.  Bill and Jared won 3 out of 5 games. Kimmy, Vikki, Melissa, Stacie, Jacob and I all played Skip Bo.  Kimmy and Vikki were partners, Stacie and Jacob were partners and Melissa and I were partners.  We had fun and a lot of laughs.  Vikki and Kimmy were the winners.  
Sue and Charlie left, and shortly after they left, Maddy, Alec and Brielle came.  It was so nice having them over.  They surprised me and bought me flowers for Mother's Day.  Brielle is 9 months old, so this was Maddy's first Mother's Day.  She is an amazing mom too!  All these girls love Jesus too and are training up their kids to love and follow Him too.  They have made sure the kids know what the Bible says.  I am such a blessed mom and blessed Nana.  

Everyone left, then Bill and I relaxed for a little while, then went to bed.  Stacie had given me some coconut oil with lavender and peppermint for my eczema.  (I had just talked to a girl Saturday at the Bike blessing who was up on holistic health and essential oils.  I asked her what is good for eczema, and she said coconut oil and lavender.). Stacie wanted to make something to help and had made just the right stuff.  I thought that was pretty amazing.
Stacie, DJ and Kody also gave me a cute "Love you Nana" plaque, and a beautiful little candle that says, God's love shines through a mother of faith.  

Vikki, Rody, Peyton and Isaac got me a spade like the other small light one I have.  I will be so nice to have two.  Kimmy always helps with the weeding when she is here and now we will both have a good and easy spade to use.  She also got me a blue jelly feeder for my orioles.  We have been looking for ones like these for a long time.  She also got me a lighter for when we have birthday candles to light, or burn the ends of things we want to stay together.   Mine ran out of lighter fluid, so I had to give her a pack of matches to use from my sister, Jody's, wedding in 1976.  Ha ha, they still work.  

Got some amazing small pruning shears from Kimmy and family.  She has a pair and loves using them.  I know I will too and can't wait to try them.

I got a beautiful hanging flower basket from Melissa and family.   It is so pretty and the flowers are white and look so beautiful.  I am excited to hang it out.

The flowers from Maddy, Alec and Brielle look so pretty on the table. 

What a great day celebrating Mother's Day and being thankful for one another.  We are definitely blessed and very thankful to Jesus for everything.


 


No comments: