Sunday, May 7, 2023

Sunday, 5//7/23, Went to prayer, than church, Bill went to Men's Steak and Shoot, Saw first oriole on the feeder today, watched a movie

First oriole of the year. Yay!
Oriole in the Sycamore tree
The Oriole feeder was busy today

I was so happy when I saw an Oriole at the feeder before leaving for church.  Love it when they come and their song fills the air.  

We went to prayer, then church.  Good worship and an awesome life changing message given by pastor.  Lots of people wanting prayer after this great message.  Wonderful message on faith and healing.  So powerful!  The Holy Spirit was moving.

Bill took me to Subway to get me a sub for lunch since he was going to the Men's "Steak and Shoot" some elders at the church were putting on.  So glad Bill went.  

My Kit Kat adventure began on Friday evening around 9, when I took the bedding I had washed out to the camper.  I always try to be careful not to leave the door open so Kit Kat doesn't get in.  I put the bedding back on the bed, then went to go out.  I noticed the sliding glass door to the back garage room of the camper was open, so I closed it.  That must be when Kit Kat snuck in.  Anyway, Saturday morning, I noticed Kit Kat hadn't eaten her food.  She always eats right away in the morning.  We went on our RFS motorcycle ride and when we got home, there was no sign of Kit Kat still.  I called all over for her, but she didn't come, and she always comes running when she hears me.  I worked outside and still didn't see any sign of her.  At about 10 p.m. last night, I decided to try calling her again and walked all over.  I checked again to see if she was in the shed and she wasn't, then I check the small little shed by the garden.  I walked over by the camper and heard the tv playing and saw lights flashing.  Very weird.  I went in the house and got the keys and checked in the camper, and there was Kit Kat.  She sure was happy to see me.  After I put her outside, I looked around for damage.  She had been in there for 24 hours, so I was worried.  After checking all over very thoroughly, ther were no potty messes, and the only two things she did, was scratch up the vinyl covering on a little seat in our bedroom that the cover lifts off of.  It is the same material the chairs in our garage were that she clawed up when she was shut in there for 8 days.  She also slept in the closet on a beach mat and I noticed the two plastic things that keep the door sliding straight were lying on the floor.  They go back on easily.  No damage to the long leather couch, or any screens Praise God!  I sure don't know how the tv was playing as the remotes were all in the top high cupboard which was closed and she couldn't even fit in if she did get up there.  A real mystery.  I am thinking God turned the tv on for me so I would find her before she did really bad damage.  I had prayed to find her all day. 
This is the underneath side of the seat cover.  I didn't think to take one of the ruined side.  Just took one to help me remember what to do
 
Today, I pulled all the staples out of the seat top, and took the old vinyl off and bought new for 6.98 (the same kind we got for the picnic benches in the garage room).  I have it cut out and am just waiting for Bill to put the right size staples in the staple gun and then I will finish this project.  

Bill had a good time at the church outing.  We watched a movie called, Child of the King.

No comments: