Monday, May 15, 2023

Monday, 5/15/23, Did lots of laundry, hung bedding out on the line, unloaded camper, transplanted plant, weeded and watered plants

 

Some of my bird pictures of the day..an oriole on the feeder and an oriole on the suet above and below


Love seeing woodpeckers on the feeder too.  Weird they like the oriole feeder though. 
Hanging Basket looks beautiful from Melissa and Family
Lots of orioles in the late afternoon.  5 at a time sometimes.

Beautiful blue jelly feeder from Vikki and family
My beautiful Irises from Grandma Schmidt which are over 100 years old.  Angie had some planted and sent me some.  They are just beautiful!  I have some at both ends

I didn't get to bed until 1:30 a.m., so slept in until 9 this morning.  It sure felt good.  Bill went to have coffee with Charlie and give him the cookies they forgot yesterday.  We had called Sue and told her they forgot them.  I said she couldn't come get them, that Bill would get them to Charlie.  Last year, when she came back to get a plant Melissa had given them, she fell on our deck and broke her femur.  Didn't want to take any chances of that happening again.  Charlie had told her the same thing right before I called.  It was on our mind, because it happened on Mother's Day.  

I used the coconut oil with lavender and peppermint that Stacie had given me.  It worked amazingly.  This is the first day since Feb 21 that I haven't used an itch cream and haven't been itching crazily.  It was such a great day.  Thank you Jesus!  I did some weeding around the house and in the woods.  Just little weeds around the house, but had to did weeds out of the woods.  I used my handy dandy spade.  It sure looks nice though and the spade made it easy. Vikki is calling on the one she gave me because it is really rough wood around by the handle at the top.  I got a little sliver when I picked it up yesterday.  We are trading it for another one.  I hung the jelly feeder out that Vikki got me and filled it with jelly.  I also did some pruning with my amazing pruning shears from Kimmy. They sure make it lots easier.  I hung the plant out from Melissa.  It looks beautiful.  I gave it a good watering.  I enjoyed looking at the candle and plaque from Stacie and also enjoyed looking at my flowers from Maddy today.

I took the bedding all off and started doing laundry.  I also unloaded the camper, filled bird feeders, walked around and looked at all my plants.  Boy did everything grow in just 4 days.  it is sure amazing how fast.  I hung bedding on the line as soon as it was finished being washed.  I did all the laundry from our trip too.  

I sat on the deck and drank my coffee and read my Bible.  After I had been out there a while, Kit Kat joined me.  It was a beautiful 70 degree day.  In the evening, I watered my plants.  It is getting pretty dry around here now.  Bill and I relaxed in our recliners after we put the bedding back on the bed.  

No comments: