Monday, May 1, 2023

Monday, 5/1/23, , Happy Birthday to sister Debbie! We love you! Mentored Maddy, Went to Hobby Lobby, Went to Vikki's, Went to Coco Loco's, voted absentee, watched a movie called "A Matter of Faith"

Happy Birthday to Debbie!  This is her first birthday as an Oma!  Baby Emma is so cute!
My nephew, Matthew, holding his baby niece
Our new garbage and recycle bins were delivered today.
Picked rhubarb today.....pies and rhubarb sauce will be made in the morning
Got this wall hanging at Hobby Lobby for half off today
Isaac, me, Kenzie and Peyton

Bill went to have coffee with Charlie.  I met Maddy at Biggby at 9 and we drank our coffee, visited, went through our lesson.  I went to Hobby Lobby after that and walked through.  They had Wall displays on sale for 50% off.  I found a heart with the Love Chapter Scripture in it for 10.50, so got it.  It's one of my favorite verses, and it looks so nice on the wall and is a great reminder.  

I walked outside, then decided to pick the rhubarb when I saw it was ready.  I got a bag full.  I also tied one of my blueberry bushes up to make it grow straight.  I gave Kit Kat some attention when I was outside.  I also filled the bird feeders and put suet out.  It was a cold, windy day.  I can't wait for warmer weather to arrive, so I can be outside more.  

Kenzie called and said she might stop over later.  She was waiting for her mom to get out of work.  I called her back and told her I could just come to her mom's if that was easier for her.  She has a long way to go to get home, so thought I would save her time.  She got a heartbeat monitor, so we tried to find baby's heartbeat, but couldn't.  Vikki thought she might have heard it.  We sure could hear Kenzie's.  Vikki made me a yummy coffee.  Isaac played some beautiful songs on the piano.  I could listen to him all day.  It was nice getting a picture with the three grandkids.  So thankful for them and love them so much.  I left for home after that.  Bill and I were supposed to go to a softball game that a junior league team the Marine Corp League sponsors was supposed to play.  It started raining and the game got cancelled.  Maddy and Alec sent us each a text and asked if we wanted to meet for dinner.  Neither of us saw it, but were thinking the same thing and I called Maddy to see if they wanted to meet us.  We met at Coco Loco.  We didn't see their texts till we got there.  We celebrated their 2 year wedding anniversary that will be tomorrow.  Vikki FaceTimed me and got to see Brielle.  Brielle loves phones and seemed happy to see Vikki.   

We came home and filled out our absentee ballots for the school mileage and then watched the movie, A Matter of Faith.  It was a great movie with a great ending.  I talked to Melissa a few times.  






No comments: