Saturday, May 6, 2023

Sat., 5/6/23, Went on Run for the Son ride, stopped at Kimmy and Jared's, weeded flower garden,

Jack and his class on National Day of Prayer yesterday.  Jack is standing on the far left!
Don, Barb, Ron, Brad, Jen, Elaine, Luis, Sabrina, Bill, Jim, Bill, Gayla and Wes
Same people, but me where Bill was
Lined up in Wes and Gayla's driveway for take off
Wes and Gayla and Jen and Brad behind us
Stopped in Sanford to pick up other riders.  We all visited there before taking off.
 
Jim, Gayla, Lew, Cindy, Don, Sabrina, Bill, Brad, Jen, Ron, Barb, Elaine, Jim, Marsha, me, Bill and Wes hurrying to get in the picture before the lady we asked to take it took it.
The horse pulling this wagon with the Amish man driving was sure going fast.
Beautiful day for us all to ride
Bill by the bike.  Wes net to him getting something out of his bike.  Zoom in and see all of the horses looking in the background
Parked at the Amish house where we ate
Ready to enjoy our Amish meal
A three week old foal that was there.  So cute!

This will be a fun memory. Ron started calling here kitty kitty because we didn't exactly know how to call horses. They all came from the far field when we called here kitty kitty. Whatever works right!

Ron, Linda, Gayla, Jen, Barb and Brad
Adam
Jacob
Papa
Got most of the weeds out of this newer garden.  Kimmy and I had turned grass and weeds over a couple of weeks ago, thinking they would die.  They didn't.  Must be because of all the rain.  I dug each one back out and shook all the dirt I could off.  Two big piles at the end of the top picture.  Only have the little area in the bottom right hand corner to do.  It started raining, so I quit.  I wanted to get Preen down, but will do it tomorrow.  
Will need to rake it out good now
I have piles of weeds by the pool too.  I did around it yesterday.
My new Amish husband.  We were in the Amish Store and he tried this hat on.  He's so cute!

We did our Run for the Son ride today!  Thanks to all who donated!  There were 18 people, 12 bikes and 2 cages on the ride.  It was a beautiful 70 degree day so it was a great ride.  We started out in Thomas Township, had more riders join us in Sanford, then rode to Farwell and had dinner at an Amish home.  It was delicious and, of course, the fellowship was great.  At 1 p.m. we all prayed together, joining all of CMA praying together at the same time.  After that, we ladies went In the kitchen and prayed for the mother and her three daughters who prepared the food and served us.  They did an amazing job and were so nice.  We went to a couple of Amish stores afterward and got a few things.  Picked up some fruit gum drop rings to take to Kimmy's.


After that,  Bill and I stopped to visit Kimmy, Jared and our grandsons. Jacob and Adam were the only two home.  Kimmy and Jared were at Eli's soccer game, then had to go to Saginaw and get some bricks so we missed seeing them.  Wyatt did the best ever when I got in the house.  Just was calm and stayed by me to pet him.  

The boys were playing bed wars.  I talked to Kimmy on the phone.  I told the boys to wait until the whole family was there to open the treat.  They joked and said they were going to eat them and act like nothing was brought.  Ha ha! 


We came home and I worked for a long time on weeding the flower garden.  It was lots of work and I was tired, but wanted to finish.  Then it started raining just when I was almost done.  I quit and will finish tomorrow.   


My friend, Barb, who has cancer messaged me this last night. 

"I'm doing better, I got good news today about my blood work. The cancer numbers have dropped from over 1300 to just 535. Hallelujah !!!!!! Glory to God !!!!!! I've had 3 chemo treatments as of today. I'm having a CT scan on the 24,,th. To see if the tumors have shrunk, possibly surgery to come soon."  


I was so happy to get this text after I asked her how she was.  God is Awesome!


I forgot to write about Kit Kat getting lost and where I found her.  Will have to add it to tomorrow's blog.  Stay tuned for quite an adventure.



No comments: