Saturday, November 25, 2023

Sat., 11/25/23, Went to Verizon, Kenzie and Vikki came over, Kenzie and I made Butterhorns, Went to Home Depot, Hobby Lobby and TJ Max, baked the butter horns and frosted them, they left and took some to Carol

Kenzie and I making Butterhorns
She has always loved making butterhorns with me and is such a great help
Kenzie and I working on the butterhorns 
Butterhorns baked and frosted

Aunt C and Kenzie
This is the basket we found today. Vikki wrapped it for me and put the rest of the stuff in it.  She did a great job.

I made oatmeal and a cappuccino.  I also made Bill a coffee to take with him.  He was meeting Bruce, Jack and Max at Field and Stream to practice target shooting with bows and guns.  He drank his protein drink before leaving.  

I looked at Vikki's message and noticed my phone said secondary phone line.  I had to go back in to Verizon this morning.  The secondary number setting kept coming up and I couldn’t even call papa.  I tried straightening it out over the phone but you don’t get to talk to anyone at the actual store.  I prayed it would be fast and easy on my way there.  When I got there, there was only one person ahead of me.  The person signing me in looked at it, took the secondary number off, then the person I signed in for looked and said it was taken care of.  Yay.  I asked them if Hailey would be having the same problem and they said no.
That was really fast and easy...5 minutes at the most!!!!! 

I came home and let Vikki and Kenzie know I was home.   They came over a little later and Kenzie and I made butterhorns.  We always love making them together and started this tradition when Kenzie was really young.  I made egg sandwiches for lunch.  We had to let the butter horns rise for 1 1/2 hr., so we went to Home Depot for Kenzie to get a toilet ring, then we went to Hobby Lobby so I could return something.  We shopped and found lots of great deals on clearance.  Then Kenzie wanted to go to TJ Max and told me I could find a really cute basket there for cheap.  She was right. 

We came back to my house and Vikki wrapped the basket and my other stuff for the CMA Christmas party gift.  It looks so pretty.  We baked the butter horns, then Vikki started frosting them and Kenzie sprinkled the nuts on.  They did enough for Kenzie to take some and for them to take some to Bill's sister, Carol.  I packed up some for Pastor and Joan and the rest went in the freezer.  They freeze really good and taste the same when you thaw them out.  

What a fun day.  We had lots of laughs while we were making the butter horns and had fun shopping together.  Kenzie and I ate our butter horns at the same time and toasted with them (her idea).  Vikki doesn't like butterhorns.  Kenzie and I love them.  They left, picked up some things to take to Kenzie's, and took the butter horns to Carols.  Then they went to Kenzie's.  

Bill and I ate dinner, then read our Bibles, then watched a movie.

 

No comments: