Sunday, November 26, 2023

Sunday, 11/26/23, went to church, went to Olive Garden, went to Bridgeport to get toilet, went to Kenzie’s, went to New Lothrop,

Kenzie’s house when we pulled in
Kit Kat and Kenzie’s little Christmas tree in the background.
Pretty Barn we went by.  The snow made everything look so pretty.
 
A goose crossed the road in front of us.
Then came a duck
Toilet after they put it in
Kenzie laying down by Katniss
Travis working on taking the old light down
 
Yikes, the ladder is on a step...I sure was praying
Yay, Travis got the new light up with his assistant helping direct.  It looks so nice!
Eli and Wyatt...I sure was happy to see everybody when they came home from their Georgia trip tonight.  Sure have missed them.  Wyatt was happy to see everybody too.
Adam

We went to prayer at church.  I gave Joan and Pastor some butter horns.  She gave me a big hug and thanked me.  I give them some every year.  I talked to Lisa a few minutes too.  She has had medical issues for a few months and this was the first time I've seen her back at church.  So thankful she was there.  We went into the church service after prayer.  Vikki, Rody and the kids sat by us.  It was such a great message.  I posted it on my Facebook page.
We prayed for people after the service.  

Talked to some friends, then went to lunch at the Olive Garden with Diane and James.  Marie and Roy came in and we asked them to sit with us too.  It was their 60th anniversary.  The waitress pulled up another table and put it with ours.  We had such a nice time and the food was delicious.  I got lasagna today.  Bill got his usual spaghetti with meat sauce.  Bill mentioned it was Roy and Marie's anniversary, so the waitress brought them some free cheesecake to celebrate.  Jared let me know what time they were supposed to arrive at Jacob's dorm and kept updating it for me.  

After we left there, we headed to Bridgeport to meet someone and bought a toilet Bill saw on Facebook Marketplace.  It was a new Swiss Madison with the smooth sides all the way around the bottom.  We have one like it in the downstairs bathroom, but it's a Kohler.  The guy loaded it in our truck for us and then we headed to Kenzie's so Bill could help Travis put the toilet they got in and also help change the light in at the top of the stairway.  Travis and Kenzie gave me a Poinsettia Travis had bought at the store for me.  That was so sweet of him.  Kenzie showed me how nice the upstairs looks after she and Vikki worked on organizing it and decorating it.  It looks beautiful.  They worked very hard as there were lots of things to sort through and organize.

Bill and Travis work well together.  There were 4 lights in the ceiling of the living room that wouldn't work, and they got those working too.  Kenzie and I went to a store and diner called Tip & Point.  They had some of everything, plus had a nice diner and a meat market/grocery store too.  We had fun walking through and looking and also buying some stuff.  

Bill called and he and Travis needed to go to Home Depot, so he needed his truck keys.  I told him I asked him if I could take them with me and he said yes.  We headed back and I called him and told him they should take the car, because we had the toilet in the back of the truck still.  That's what they did.  He told me they were waiting outside and they were lol.

Kenzie made hot cocoa for us and we had donuts that I picked up at the little store.  Yum!  Kenzie and I gave Katniss lots of attention.  She is the sweetest cat and is really cuddly now.  She used to hide on me when she was little. Kenzie's little Christmas tree is so cute.  When the guys got back, they had donuts I picked up at the little store.  

The new toilet works great and the new light looks amazing.  We left and headed for home.  Talked to Vikki and she pulled in our driveway about 15 minutes before we got home.  She brought Wyatt, so Kimmy and Jared wouldn't have to go all the way to her house.  Kimmy, Jared and the boys got to our house about 10 minutes after we got home.  The boys carried our new toilet upstairs for Bill.  We were so thankful for that.  Great timing.  So thankful to see everyone and get our hugs. 

Melissa called me and told me about something she heard on channel 5 where people whose phones are close can get your contacts, pictures, etc.  The police are telling people what to do if they have an I-phone to disable the feature.  Go into iPhone settings, click general, then airdrop, and shut off "bringing devices together."  I did it right away and called Kimmy and Vikki so they would know.  Want to let everyone I know with an iPhone about this.  



 

No comments: