Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thurs., 11/23/23, Happy Thanksgiving, Hailey and Evan dropped Abby off, Went to Cracker Barrel with Vikki, Rody, Peyton, Isaac and Kenzie

                          Picture Lela sent me from Georgia.....
Jared and Kimmy with their pie after cleaning up the kitchen (Kimmy sent the next two pictures to me)
Eli and his Uncle Dee wearing their pendants...Eli the question mark and Dee the exclamation point Kenzie and Travis made
Jacob practicing piano

Abby did great staying with me
Abby on my lap
Sleeping...guess she feels comfortable here

Frankenmuth Visit today
Bill and I in front of the singing Christmas tree in Frankenmuth
Skating rink

Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving with Vikki, Rody and family
Rody and Bill at Cracker  Barrel
Rody, Bill and I
Kenzie and Vikki

Isaac
Peyton

Thanked the Lord for His many blessings.  So grateful for all he has done in my life all these years, in our marriage and in our family.  He is an awesome God and Father.  

I got ready before Hailey and Evan came to drop Abby off.  It was nice seeing them for a few minutes before they left for Muskegon.  Of course I prayed for their safe trip.
I was happy to have Abby come stay.  She is a super good dog and is 14 now, so want to enjoy her when I can.  She is walking around better than I have seen her do for a long time.  She can even walk good on the hard floors.  She has been following me all over.  She can't hear anymore, but there were a couple of times she sure responded when I called her.
She would only eat her food if I poured it out of the bowl and put it on the floor.  Than she ate it all quickly.  She went to the door when she had to go outside.  She is a really good dog to doggie sit.  I was very happy to get a picture from Lela in a text of Kimmy and Jared.  Kimmy sent me a couple of pictures too.  I was happy to get to talk to her and so was Bill.

We read our Bibles, then decided to take a ride around Frankenmuth.  The parking lot at Zhender's was full, but finally found a spot someone pulled out of.  We walked through town and went through some stores that were open.  Stopped by the singing Christmas tree and ice skating rink.  Then we headed home, so I could feed Abby on time.  I told Vikki to call me if they wanted to go to Cracker Barrel with us.  She called to let me know they did and that Kenzie wanted to come too.  I was happy to hear that.  We all met at Cracker Barrel.  Rody and I got the Thanksgiving meal and everyone else got something else.  The food was really good.  We walked around and shopped and I found some things for my gift for the CMA Christmas Party.  It was nice getting to spend Thanksgiving with them.  

We came home and watched a Christmas movie called An Evergreen Christmas. 
Then I took Abby out and moved her bed into our room so she could sleep good. It was a great day with so many things I am thankful for I couldn't begin to list them all.  Thank you Lord for your goodness, mercy and grace!  


 

No comments: