Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Wed., 11/8/23, Wes had his hip surgery this morning. I Moved more clothes upstairs, went shopping for groceries, and for shoebox stuff for Operation Christmas Child

This morning it was sleeting and hailing outside.  Lots of ice on our outside table
It didn't stop the turkeys from visiting
 
Isaac and Peyton while we were shopping for Shoebox stuff

Had my oatmeal and cappuccino, then we did our Bible reading.  Enjoy this time so much.
Moved more summer stuff upstairs and brought sweaters downstairs.  Think I will just be needing warm clothes from now on. It would be nice if I was wrong.

I went through my coupons, then clipped digital coupons and headed to JoAnn's, Aldi, Meijer, and Kroger.  Got some ideas at JoAnn's for shoebox stuff when I take Peyton and Isaac later.  Got a soccer ball at Meijer and a pump for Isaac's boy box.  Then I got a couple of items from Aldi, $100 worth of items at Meijer...turkey for 49 cents a lb. plus groceries and the shoebox items and therefore got a $10 coupon to use later.   Got another turkey at Kroger for same price and also lots of coupon items plus gift cards that were quadrupled.  After that, I picked up Peyton and Isaac from school and we went to Meijer so they could pick out more items for shoe boxes.  Peyton picked out a cute Squishmallow.  She loves this so much and wanted the girl who gets her shoebox to have one.  Good thing they come in different sizes.  We got some games, marbles, pop its, cars, markers and other stuff.  Then we went to JoAnn's and got a couple of more things there using a 40% off coupon.  We went to Hobby Lobby and got a couple of more things there.  We headed to my house after that and went to the bathroom.  Then we went to McDonalds and got some food and shakes. We ate, then came back to my house and waited for 10 minutes before heading to take Peyton and Isaac to Youth Group at church.  During that 10 minutes, we ground up coffee beans.  
I dropped the kids off, then Bill and I hauled in the groceries and put them away.  Two 22lb. turkeys went to the basement freezers.  Tomorrow I will pick up Peyton and Isaac again so we can pack the shoeboxes.  

Melissa called and we had a nice long phone visit.  We had some good laughs while we talked.  She is going to come over Friday when Kimmy comes.  It's so nice having our Friday girls day.  Evan doesn't have school so he will be coming along and I'm sure will be playing ping pong with Papa.  


 

No comments: