Thursday, November 9, 2023

Thurs., 11/9/23, Bill got wood pellets, checked on Wes to see how he was doing after his hip surgery yesterday, Cooked a big squash, cleaned more of the house, picked Peyton and Isaac up from school, they packed the shoeboxes

Our big Maple tree is finally starting to turn colors
Lots of stuff to go in shoeboxes
Peyton with all the stuff she has to fit in that little shoe box.  Can she do it?
Isaac with all the stuff he has to fit in his little shoe box.  Can he do it?
Here we go!
Here we go
Snack time after they were finished.  They both did a great job filling their boxes.  All but one small thing fit in, so they each got to keep something.  Yay!  Great job Peyton and Isaac! They are getting to be pros after all these years of doing shoeboxes.  What a great ministry Operation Christmas Child is.  

We got up early.  Bill took his shower, while I ate my oatmeal and had my cappuccino.   Then he went to have coffee with Charlie.  I took my shower, then cleaned a couple of more rooms while Bill was gone.  When he got home, we read our Bibles and listened to worship.
I cooked a squash for Thanksgiving and put it in the freezer.  It tasted yummy!

I called Gayla to check up on Wes after his hip surgery yesterday morning.  He came home last night which seems way too fast.  He fainted last night and that was pretty scary, but went to sleep afterward and was doing good this morning.  

I picked up Peyton and Isaac from school and brought them to my house to pack the shoeboxes.  They had lots of stuff to fit in, but packed it like a puzzle and fit everything but one item in.  It's always amazing to see how much you can get in a box.  They have been helping me with shoeboxes since they were real little.  I have to look up and see how long it has been.  So much fun and such a great thing to do to touch lives with the Love of Jesus.
We had chips and M & M's for a snack when they were done.  Sweet and salty!  Then I took them home and visited with Vikki for a while.  She sent some yummy cream of broccoli soup home with me.  Yum!  Thanks Vikki!

I talked to Kimmy for a while.  We discussed shoebox stuff.  I baked another angel food cake to have tomorrow and mashed up some strawberries for on it.  Kimmy missed out on the angel food cake the other day.  Jacob sent me a really good song to listen to.  Adam texted with me.  Bill picked up pellets.  Isaac helped him unload them.  It was a great day!


 

 

No comments: