Monday, November 13, 2023

Monday, 11/13/23, Bill went with Charlie for coffee, I picked up apples for Kimmy and I, went to Costco, met Kimmy, went to Golden Coral for Bill's free meal

I put 1/2 bushel on each side in the back seat.
Finally our leaves are turning yellow on our big Maple Tree


Bill went to meet Charlie for coffee.  I had my oatmeal with walnuts, raisins, blueberries, bananas and honey.  Worshipped to some good worship music, then read my Bible.  I called Sue to see how she was doing and invited them to our Thanksgiving Saturday.  She was feeling a little down, so I prayed with her.  

Bill got home and he read his Bible while I got the laundry out of the dryer and folded it.  I unloaded the dishwasher too.  I also watered my plants.  

Kimmy told me she needed apples again from the place we got them the last few years.  I called her and found out how many she wanted.  I called and ordered us each a half bushel for $12 each.  I went to pick them up and they were beautiful and nice and big.  After I picked them up, I called Kimmy to let her know I would be in Miland, so she could meet me to get the apples if she wanted to.  I went to Costco and returned a pair of leggings I had bought.  I picked up some French Vanilla Creamer while I was there.  It was getting close to the time for Adam to get out, so I let Kimmy know I was going to be close to his school and we could meet.  She met me and picked up her apples.  I had to head home to be here in time to go to Golden Coral with Bill.  I called Vikki to let her know when I would be home so she could come pick up Peyton's backpack and a pair of Kenzie's leggings.  I also got a yard waste bag for her out of the shed.  I was happy to see the kids.  Got my hugs then they left, and we left.  When we got to the Golden Coral, the parking lot was filled and people were parking back by the storage cube building.  We walked up and they let us in right away.  They were supposed to start serving veterans their free meals until 5, but it was 4:30 and they let us pay and get in right away.  We saw our friends, Debbie and Dale, in line behind us, so asked them to sit with us.  Dale and Bill went to school together and they were in each other's weddings.  We also so our friends we were meeting there, Bev and Jim.  They were just coming in the door.  We found a table for six and all sat together.  We got seated and got our food right away.  We had a very nice time visiting and the guys all talked some about their time in Vietnam.  So nice that the restaurant honors veterans and gives them free meals.  We all ate too much!  We left when we were done eating because we could see a long line out the door and around the building.  

We came home and went through the mail, then relaxed in our love seat recliners.  

 

No comments: