Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday, 11/17/23, Bill picked Evan up and went to Special friends day at school, Made food for tomorrow, went to some stores, picked Peyton and Isaac up from school, picked Jacob up from college.

Evan in his class
Evan and Papa (two special friends for sure)
It was really yellow out the window today.  The deck was covered. I swept in front of the door and Kit Kat’s spot
Peyton relaxing 
Isaac relaxing

Jacob and Papa walking to his dorm

Our McDonald's stop
So happy to have Jacob with us and spending the night

Bill got up early, showered and got ready, then left to pick up Evan.  Then they went to Evan’s school.  They went into chapel first.  The kids in choir sang a special song.  After chapel the kids took their special friend to their classroom.  Bill sent Melissa and I pictures and a video of Evan singing in the choir. He is a wonderful dad and husband too!  He knew that would make us happy.

  I made a chocolate banana pie and a banana cream pie.  I also made banana cream pudding dessert.  I cut the sliced ham off the bone and got it in the crockpot ready to cook.  Cooked the hamburger for stuffing in the morning.  Also made cheesy potatoes to bake in the morning.  Made two batches of rolls too.  I got the tables in from the garage for Bill to surprise him.  Went to get creamer,  and different kinds of chips and snacks.  Got stuff from Meijer for punch.  Got bananas for pies plus some goodies for Wes while he recuperates at Aldi.  Headed home after that.

I picked Peyton and Isaac up from school and took them to McDonald’s, then brought them to our house.  Peyton's teacher called Vikki over today to tell her Isaac's class went to an assisted living place.  Isaac played the piano and did so well, they went to get other residents to listen to him.  People started requesting songs and he played what they requested.  The teacher said Vikki should make him his favorite meal tonight he did so well.  

Bill had all the leaves off the deck and all of them in the yard picked up when we got home.  Vikki went with Kenzie to her appointment.  She only had two weeks and then can have baby and even be induced if she wants.  Can’t wait to hold and love our baby boy!!!  

I made hash browns and chicken strips for dinner.  Read my Bible and left to go pick Jacob up from college at 7:15 p.m.  Can’t wait to see him!  We talked to Kimmy, Vikki and Melissa on our way to get him.  Also listened to Jacob’s Salt Company Podcast.  His pastor sure gave a great message all backed up by scripture. We got to Jacob’s dorm at 8:50.  He was still at his friend’s doctorate music recital, but came to his dorm about 15 minutes later when it was over.  We got our hugs then headed for home.  We stopped at McDonalds to get Jacob and us some food.  We listened to Jacob’s playlist on the way.  He sure has great songs.  He shared his playlist with me.  

Got home at around 11:30.  We brought everything in from the truck. Jacob asked me if I needed any help with anything, but I told him I did everything early, so I could ride along to get him.  It sure is wonderful having him here.  

I looked to see if I made and boo boo's when the truck hit some bumps, but the blog looked good except for 2 small things.  I fixed those and finished it.  Going to bed now.  It's a 4:30 get up time in the morning to get stuffing made and turkey in oven. 






No comments: